Jahfari Harvey Update

Advertisement
This kid might be the best recruit that we got to come out of Vero since Kenny Holmes.
Who else have we gotten out of Vero since Kenny--besides Patrick Bethel?

Seriously, just don't remember. Seems Vero and Fort Pierce used to turn out more talent 30-40 years ago.

Maybe same with Brevard. Although we're looking at Caziah Holmes and the Rockledge kids. What happened to all the talent used to be at Palm Bay?

Strange how talent rises and falls in certain locations.

Seriously, just don't remember. Seems Vero and Fort Pierce used to turn out more talent 30-40 years ago.

Maybe same with Brevard. Although we're looking at Caziah Holmes and the Rockledge kids. What happened to all the talent used to be at Palm Bay?

James Stewart, stud RB in early 1990s before Kenny.

We have actually recruited a few players from that area: James Stewart, Kenny Holmes, Randy Bethel, Dale Dawkins, Patrick Bethel, and a few others names I can’t think of right now.

Advertisement
James Stewart, stud RB in early 1990s before Kenny.
Yes...Stewart was a major underachiever. Perhaps our one-back offense of the time didn't do enough to feature him. Of course, Erickson had two 1000 yard rushers the same season, his last at WSU.

Stewart was probably a problem kid. Last I remember was a major drug possession dealing prosecution.

Was Dale Dawkins from Vero?

Advertisement
Yes...Stewart was a major underachiever. Perhaps our one-back offense of the time didn't do enough to feature him. Of course, Erickson had two 1000 yard rushers the same season, his last at WSU.

Stewart was probably a problem kid. Last I remember was a major drug possession dealing prosecution.

Was Dale Dawkins from Vero?
Yes, Dawkins was from Vero too in the 80s. I graduated from there in '96 and junior and senior year they lost to Southridge in the state semis ... Some of the best teams we had.

Stewart had a ton of talent but was injury prone which ended his NFL career with the Vikings before it really ever started and then he quickly found trouble off the field as you mentioned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181216-074138_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181216-074138_Chrome.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 140
Advertisement
Stewart got 10 years in prison for slinging dope and fighting the police.

Advertisement
Seemingly, a lot of those Randy era players ended up cops. Seems disproportionate almost.
I know Marcus forston is a cop in Atlanta now , who else? I see That Andreu Swansey is a firefighter as well. Always like to see people from the U doing great things in the community

I know Marcus forston is a cop in Atlanta now , who else? I see That Andreu Swansey is a firefighter as well. Good kids

Chavez Grant, Shawnbrey McNeal off the top of my head. Tommy Streeter was doing security at a high school, but I think he wanted to get into education. Jordan Futch, maybe.

There was a discussion on here like a year ago that had a list of them and it seemed like quite a bit. I am missing a ton, I am sure.

Advertisement
Back