NFL Draft Jahfari Harvey one of ESPN's scout sleepers for 2022

It’s a new regime with elite coaching. I’m waiving opinion on a lot of players whose development was stunted by the prior corching staph. At least give them a season to prove themselves.

If Harvey was a JAG Mario wouldn‘t have taken him to ACC Media Day.

Patience.

Advertisement
Just jokes.... but introducing JH to his future coaches when Mario helps him land a new site..

Can't drink the Kool-aid on JH yet, but boy that would taste good for the D-line. (Mess Agude, Roberts, etc)

Him saying his film puts him round 3 is surprising to me. He has all the athleticism but hasn’t put it together yet, hopefully this is the year
Some of these scouts man R3 for Harvey after last year yuck. Harvey has the tools to be great this year. I believe in him but some of these scouts make no sense

Sounds like some more Bubba second round crap, no disrespect, but be watching Kelly take his snaps by 6th game.
@RVACane
split depth GIF

Advertisement
I’ve never seen fans so upset that one of their own is getting a little hype. Also, stats mean ****. So stop citing them.
I think he’ll be more than serviceable this season, but saying stats don’t matter is just flat out wrong lol.

You get judged based on your production. Miami’s pass rush was No. 102 overall in the country in 2021, and as much crap as he gets on our board, McCloud might have been our best edge rusher. Harvey only had sixteen QB pressures (and six of those came against Bama), doing so on 8.4% of snaps; which was actually lower than Chantz Williams.

Harvey was 40th in this department amongst ACC pass rushers. Ten QB pressures in the remaining eleven games? Performances against Michigan State, North Carolina, Florida State, and Virginia Tech in which he did not generate any pressures whatsoever? That’s simply not good enough. That’s bench-worthy.

Numbers don’t lie - he has so much talent, but it’s time to put it together and execute. He’s got a brand new coaching staff and one of the best rushers of all time in Jason Taylor to teach this man some moves and extract every bit of talent. If not, Kelly is snatching his spot midway through the season.

Last edited:
I think he’ll be more than serviceable this season, but saying stats don’t matter is just flat out wrong lol.

You get judged based on your production. Miami’s pass rush was No. 102 overall in the country in 2021, and as much crap as he gets on our board, McCloud might have been our best edge rusher. Harvey only had sixteen QB pressures (and six of those came against Bama), doing so on 8.4% of snaps; which was actually lower than Chantz Williams.

Harvey was 40th in this department amongst ACC pass rushers. Ten QB pressures in the remaining eleven games? That’s simply not good enough. That’s bench-worthy.

Numbers don’t lie - he has so much talent, but it’s time to put it together and execute. He’s got a brand new coaching staff and one of the best rushers of all time in Jason Taylor to teach this man some moves and extract every bit of talent. If not, Kelly is snatching his spot midway through the season.
I think you get scouted on what you can be more so then what you are today. Of course if you have the projection & the numbers that’s great.

I think you get scouted on what you can be more so then what you are today. Of course if you have the projection & the numbers that’s great.
That I agree with; scouting definitely looks at project-ability and talent/frame. He has so many tools, and that’s why I think he finally lives up to expectations this year under the new staff.

If not, someone will snatch that spot quick.

Advertisement
That I agree with; scouting definitely looks at project-ability and talent/frame. He has so many tools, and that’s why I think he lives up to expectations this year.

If not, someone will snatch that spot quick.
That’s more so what I meant. For example lets say GR15 has 7 sacks & not 16. I still think he is a first rounder based off of his ridiculous measurables. Obviously that’s a guess but I’m sure you catch my drift.

He’s got an NFL HOF DE as his coach. Obviously, that’s a huge asset for Harvey and will hopefully propel him to a great season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back