Jahair Jones commits

Advertisement
Coach ALbortion is on pace to 6 OL in 2015. He signed 5 in 2014.

How about some LB, DBs and DTs? How about setting up the next guy with something that makes sense?

The sad thing is about 2-3 of those OL are borderline reaches.

Oh you didn't like Joe Brown and Tyler Grimsley? They seemed like solid pickups for a school like Old Dominion. Are you telling me this is Miami and not Old Dominion?

LMAO at people on here acting like last year's OL class was subpar. KC McDermott, Nick Linder, and Trevor Darling say hello.

I repeat my comment since it was edited.

I'm commenting on the fact that we don't need AS MANY. Bring in the good and keep out the bad. Simple stuff. Nobody said the class was subpar, so look again.

Coach ALbortion is on pace to 6 OL in 2015. He signed 5 in 2014.

How about some LB, DBs and DTs? How about setting up the next guy with something that makes sense?

The sad thing is about 2-3 of those OL are borderline reaches.

Oh you didn't like Joe Brown and Tyler Grimsley? They seemed like solid pickups for a school like Old Dominion. Are you telling me this is Miami and not Old Dominion?

LMAO at people on here acting like last year's OL class was subpar. KC McDermott, Nick Linder, and Trevor Darling say hello.

Peoples hate of golden makes them just make stuff up its nuts

My post was edited so I will say it again.

Nobody said the class was subpar, we said there were too many in numbers and we took too many reaches (Brown and Grimsley). Please understand that the post above misread the post because he didn't understand the point.

I had heard what DMoney said, Joe Brown has some potential to not be a JAG. Golden IMO has proven to be a pretty decent evaluator of talent. Guy is pretty good at everything right up until the kick off. At least in that regard his reaches have some ability, wherein Shannon's were just flat out bad.

Advertisement
I had heard what DMoney said, Joe Brown has some potential to not be a JAG. Golden IMO has proven to be a pretty decent evaluator of talent. Guy is pretty good at everything right up until the kick off. At least in that regard his reaches have some ability, wherein Shannon's were just flat out bad.

Yeah but he has also proved that he loses almost half his recruits in fairly short order, so kind of hard to evaluate since so many leave.

Now if only we can cut ties with Loftus, he is terrible and we don't need him. We need to get him off our board and make room to bring in more guys such as: Anthony Jones, Jalen Julius, Robert Knowles, Javarius Davis, etc instead of **** guys that will never be more than a 3rd string O lineman

Now if only we can cut ties with Loftus, he is terrible and we don't need him. We need to get him off our board and make room to bring in more guys such as: Anthony Jones, Jalen Julius, Robert Knowles, Javarius Davis, etc instead of **** guys that will never be more than a 3rd string O lineman

But we need 6 OL.

Good point. Way too much turnover. Probably the same reason he can't win, lack of flexibility.

Advertisement
I was one of the main ones crowning Golden as top 10 in the business when it comes to evaluating talent. Golden almost always get there first when it comes to kids. (Alex Collins/Travis Rudolph to name a few...nobody was on these kids before Golden was) And Armbrister proved to be a great steal but they just totally F'd up his eligibility by burning his shirt.

The problem with Golden is when these suckers get here..They cant stay here. Losing guys like Figs, Gabe Terry, JBlue, and Eddie Johnson destroyed our LB depth. And 3 out of those 4 would have been bonafide stars here IMO. (I feel like we have no luck sometimes. Not being blessed with the chance to see Eddie Johnson and Denzel Perryman play together this year is just not right. Kinda like in 2000, when we didn't get to see Nate Webster and Dan Morgan play together. One can dream right?.. Smh)

That will be Goldens downfall here...Not getting enough of the elite guys to stay home..and having too many guys leave/getting kicked off the team.

I am not a Golden fan but he and staff have done a good job in recruiting the Oline. The O went to **** once the Oline depth became depleted due to injuries.

Jassid, setting aside in-game adjustments, where Golden's staff today has to be among the worst among the major programs, I couldn't agree with you more. Even the lack of redshirts for guys like Moten or Gray is unbelievable. I have to believe that the LB turnover is one reason Barrow "retired". I thought things were getting better before we lost Figs, Blue, and Kye Hester for good and AQM for the season. There's a lot that needs fixing, but losing talent that's already on campus -- this has to get fixed yesterday.

The Northeastern Hurricanes......might as well relocate and join a new conference. Why even act like UM represents the city of Miami.

Oh **** Miami got a kid from somewhere else in the country that can probably help the team. What a shame... Get over yourself. It's no secret South Fl has a lot of talent and it needs to be recruited but that doesn't mean there aren't talented kids in other places too. Ed Reed, Brett Romberg, Greg Olson, Ken Dorsey, Jeremy Schockey, Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly, Kellen Winslow Jr., Vinny Testaverde, Jason Fox, Gino Torretta, Reggie Wayne. Should I keep going? None of those guys were from South Fl. Yes they need to recruit better in the former state of Miami but a huge part of the U's former success was recruiting guys from out of state and N. Fl.

Advertisement
perfectly fine with the OL recruiting. we need numbers there. its not keeping us from recruiting other positions either.

the issue is recruit other positions better.

its not, we need to focus less on OL so that we can focus more on the other positions. silly

Jassid, setting aside in-game adjustments, where Golden's staff today has to be among the worst among the major programs, I couldn't agree with you more. Even the lack of redshirts for guys like Moten or Gray is unbelievable. I have to believe that the LB turnover is one reason Barrow "retired". I thought things were getting better before we lost Figs, Blue, and Kye Hester for good and AQM for the season. There's a lot that needs fixing, but losing talent that's already on campus -- this has to get fixed yesterday.

Would like to hear what guys close to the program have to say about this. From what I have heard (through a friend of a friend, so take it with a grain of salt) is that Golden goes to bat for these kids but there is only so much he can do. A handful have truly been cancers on the team (stealing laptops being the tip of the iceberg), while others have done things where Golden has no choice (like raping a minor) or the administration intervenes (AQM).

From what I have heard this is not even close to unique for a college football program. I had a conversation with an athletic trainer at a big 10 program and the **** they put up with from the players would blow your mind (ditching class and practice regularly with only a slap on the wrist, and that's only the start), and this is at a top academic institution. Whatever EJ did must have been about his 30th offense. We certainly get less leeway from our admin for a number of reasons (NCAA, reputation) but I also think Golden has had a string of really bad luck.

It was interesting to hear Butch talk about looking for character guys in the U part 2. I think it is harder to find under the radar prospects these days so Golden has taken some risks with kids but it seems like almost none of the talented under the radar guys have panned out. Obviously that could be fixed by signing more talent. I don't think our turnover is that much worse than other programs, but our poor recruiting (in the sense that we haven't built depth and talent) makes it stand out that much more.

perfectly fine with the OL recruiting. we need numbers there.

We need numbers there but 11 in 2 classes is not how it is done. We need some space (consistency) and we need to stop taking reaches. No one is against OL, it is one of the most important positions. The problem is we don't need 11 over a 2 year run. 8 would have been fine and made sense.

Now we have 6 in the 2015 class (so far), that is over 25% of the class. We need big numbers on defense (DT, LB and DB) but instead we took another OL without releasing a few.

I am all for QUALITY over QUANTITY. WiFo (worst in, first out).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back