Jahair Jones commits

Advertisement
Now it is coming out that Miami is #1 on a OT that decommit from VT a few weeks ago, Fredrick Johnson. According to 247 ratings he would be the lowest rated OL we would have in this class. Please make it stop we need to address the soon to be depleted secondary and our thin LB core and our invisible DL. I don't see an offer from miami for him but the coaches did visit him recently, so hopefully he doesnt get one

Now it is coming out that Miami is #1 on a OT that decommit from VT a few weeks ago, Fredrick Johnson. According to 247 ratings he would be the lowest rated OL we would have in this class. Please make it stop we need to address the soon to be depleted secondary and our thin LB core and our invisible DL. I don't see an offer from miami for him but the coaches did visit him recently, so hopefully he doesnt get one

The more guys we get, the higher the chance dudes like wells, brown, grimsley etc wash out. So calm the **** down.

The more guys we get, the higher the chance dudes like wells, brown, grimsley etc wash out. So calm the **** down.

We have 20 guys in this class already and 6 on the OL. What im saying is they keep visiting and targeting these offensive guys at arguably our deepest position already when there are glaring holes on the defense. They are clueless. They keep paying guys like this visits and giving them offers when there are guys like Jalen Julius that can play CB like we need that still dont have an offer and arent getting visits. In 2 years we are going to be starting 6+ true freshman/RS freshman on defense because they cant recruit that side

There's a few things about the tape i like, and a few i don't. Obviously it's difficult to judge someone on limited tape, especiall an OL.

Like - Nasty streak, finishes plays, gets to the 2nd level, looks to have some movement skills

Dislike - His base. In the video of his 1st 3 games, his base/stance is extremely narrow. You can't do that against speed rushers in college, you need to get wide and make those guys loop. Against power guys, being narrow gets you knocked off balance or put on your @ss. When he gets to the 2nd level on run blocks he's narrow too, not breaking down, bending and walling guys. In the other video, he looks like a big waist bender in his stance and not a knee bender. His butt is very high.....and he plays tall in both run and pass blocking. The stance is a technical thing and could be corrected with good coaching and reps. The bend thing.....i don't know.

Advertisement
Shondell from TOS talked to JJ.. He's signing on Friday. A little Ceremony at the School will be had for him. Hence the Delay...

JC

Advertisement

We have 20 guys in this class already and 6 on the OL. What im saying is they keep visiting and targeting these offensive guys at arguably our deepest position already when there are glaring holes on the defense. They are clueless. They keep paying guys like this visits and giving them offers when there are guys like Jalen Julius that can play CB like we need that still dont have an offer and arent getting visits. In 2 years we are going to be starting 6+ true freshman/RS freshman on defense because they cant recruit that side

He's not that good of a corner and his hands are suspect for a wide receiver. **** some of you are so angry at Golden you will bash anyone.

Advertisement

He's not that good of a corner and his hands are suspect for a wide receiver. **** some of you are so angry at Golden you will bash anyone.

So you want 8 OL in this class, 1 WR, 1 Safety, and 1 CB when 2 years from now we will have Jaquan Johnson and Jamal Carter at safety and no one else behind them at all. Then, Corn Elder, Burns, and Mike Jackson at CB, no one else... thats about as thin as it gets.

All im saying is we better get guys that can play a few positions and find the best spot for them. In a few years our secondary is going to be one injury away from being ****ed

Advertisement
Hurricanes Football ‏@CanesFootball 36m36 minutes ago
Jahair Jones inks NLI with Canes #WelcomeToTheU

Advertisement
Back