NFL Jags playing home games at Daytona Speedway might be the most North Florida thing ever

Hold My Beer

CANE up in heah
Premium
From the article:

"If nothing else, it would marry two distinctly great American sporting traditions — the NASCAR infield with the NFL’s popularity. For two years, a road trip to Daytona for a Jags game would become a bucket list experience.

Can it be worked out? No one knows right now."

:D

Jacksonville is planning to remodel the city-owned stadium, so the Jags would have to play their home games elsewhere in 2025 and '26.

Maybe DIS wins out since no way could they play at the Swamp without that grass field getting torn up. They've also talked to the folks at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, but that seems too far away

LINK: NFL at Daytona International Speedway?

ezgif-com-resize.webp

Advertisement
It'll be a fun novelty for a bit. Might have to drive up and check out Trev and the lads from a mile away from one of those seats at Daytona.

From the article:

"If nothing else, it would marry two distinctly great American sporting traditions — the NASCAR infield with the NFL’s popularity. For two years, a road trip to Daytona for a Jags game would become a bucket list experience.

Can it be worked out? No one knows right now."

:D

Jacksonville is planning to remodel the city-owned stadium, so the Jags would have to play their home games elsewhere in 2025 and '26.

Maybe DIS wins out since no way could they play at the Swamp without that grass field getting torn up. They've also talked to the folks at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, but that seems too far away

LINK: NFL at Daytona International Speedway?

ezgif-com-resize.webp

My guy Frank making the offer to the Jags. Love it.

The games would take place on the infield, not the middle of the track.

1686676834722.png

I say put the field right around turn 4. Thirty degree banking is a **** of a home field advantage.

Ha! Great when you are coming downhill...

Good lord, the EIGHTEEN degrees of banking at the start-finish line are brutal, and I've been up and down that stretch hundreds of times. I always like taking friends and family there for the first time, it's shocking to them.

I took an IRS auditor up to the top of Turn 4 when he wanted to inspect our fixed assets. While I resisted the urge to push him down, he did realize that our fixed assets and depreciation were legit.

No-change audit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back