Jaelan Phillps

Advertisement
Advertisement
they need his mentality, too. He became a relentless worker when he was at Miami. Guys need to want it from within.

I think Mesidor has alot of that. Not sure if he has the innate athleticism Jaelan has, though.
he was put in some bad schemes by Manny but never quit. remember how badly UNC exploited the defensive calls with him on the edge? I like Mesidor but his inability to set and contain the edge has cost us as well.

We need more vocal leaders from the player side. If you asked me what player is the leader of this team I cannot find one. Someone have some accountability. I thought Tyler was a leader last year but have seen no evidence of it this year. I mean Berrios is as close to it as I can find but he isnt on the field right now.

After I noticed the Steelers running to the opposite side from Jaelan about 7 times in a row, as well as rolling out away from him. I knew they had recognized he was giving lessons to their o-line on just about every play. Dude was so fast it was scary. He was much better than his stats that game.

We need more vocal leaders from the player side. If you asked me what player is the leader of this team I cannot find one. Someone have some accountability. I thought Tyler was a leader last year but have seen no evidence of it this year. I mean Berrios is as close to it as I can find but he isnt on the field right now.
Confused Thinking GIF

he was put in some bad schemes by Manny but never quit. remember how badly UNC exploited the defensive calls with him on the edge? I like Mesidor but his inability to set and contain the edge has cost us as well.

:unsure:Berrios hasn't been on the field for UM for quite a while!!

Advertisement
I remember Jaelen in high school. He returned kicks for his team and demonstrated his speed and relentless style even back then. One of the nation’s top recruits.

Yea.... I was just thinking that I can't wait for Berrios to get back on the field... That'll fix everything.... 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐

I remember Wilfork for us we didn’t care if he ever made a play . He was to clog and take up space and triple teams so LB’s and others could feed.

Basically the same, let Jalen do his thing he hasn’t peaked yet that’s the crazy thing.

Advertisement
I am glad you started this thread. Intended to but forgot. He was the best thing about UM this weekend.

If you did not catch the game, you should watch a replay. The motor was just insane. Relentless. I don't know if I've seen that from a hybrid LB/DE to this degree in a while. He was running sideline to sideline like a LB. He was chasing down everyone, the QB, RBs, WRs, just crazy. He is a modern defensive player and a model for what defenses likely need to defend these multiple, modern offenses in CFB. (But good luck finding specimens like that.)

Perfect for our defense. Sack numbers might not always be there but the pressure he generates is disruptive.

Advertisement
There was a play when they were in redzone and Phillips was on opposite hash as pickett started to scramble towards sideline and he ran him down, sheesh.. Impressive AF..

Glad he's a Dolphin and having an impact.
Has 3 sacks so far. If he can up the sacks or hurries, he moves in the elite category.

Advertisement
Back