Jaelan Phillips "I Did Not Know what Cover 3 was"

Advertisement
I believe what he meant was he didn't know what the outside backers do in Cover 3, not that he'd never even heard the term. Honestly, if he never even heard the team or knew what it meant, that's on him. I knew what Cover 3 was when I was 11.

Yea that’s what I take from it. Like he realized it’s more nuanced then what he realized. The man was familiar with cover 3 but he has more in depth knowledge of it now.

Flashback to Sam shields coach saying “he said he never had to study tape”
Its freaking Groundhog Day!!!!
AGAIN!!!!

Phillips is turning out to be a bust anyways. Flat track bully that beat up on Coastal OL. Look at Parsons, Rosseau and the Baltimore rookie end creating an instant impact while Phillips takes 6 seconds to get past an OT. Dude coasted off his size and now has no idea what's going on.
I tried telling so many people on here but nobody would listen. GR is on his way to bring rookie of the year candidate.

Advertisement
Flashback to Sam shields coach saying “he said he never had to study tape”
Its freaking Groundhog Day!!!!
AGAIN!!!!
Except Sam Shields should actually know what a cover 3 is.

Weird comment, and don't see how he's helping his cause.

Advertisement
Lmao , that’s where I learned

Hah, I learned it playing flag football in the mean streets of Tamiami park. And we didn’t Even play cover 3 but we played cover 2 and I could pretty much put together what cover 3 is even though I never played it lol

We don’t have to run it for him to have an idea of what it is

Only on CIS would a porster admit that he's ok with a defensive player not knowing what cover 3 is. Really, you can't make this **** up. What's worse Phillips not knowing or the porster agreeing that it's ok that Phillips doesn't know.
As long as he knows what his assignments are on the call, I'm ok with it*.
*Let it be known that NJshoreCane is not, in any way, shape, or form, defending the current coaching staff, or last years D coordinator.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shocking a kid whose only ever had his hand in the dirt is puzzled with different coverages

I’d be more worried if DBs went into the league saying they didn’t know what cover 3 was

He was a rush end in a 4-3 and now he's playing OLB on an odd front defense. Why would he need to know coverages when he was here? All you guys do is cry when we ask a rush end to drop into a zone, and then you cry when they say they don't know coverages too? lol
He was the C/F player in the sim pressures when he'd stand up...

I mean, doesn’t UCLA get some blame on this one? Also, the guy is not a DB so…

Advertisement
Cover 3 is one of the most basic defenses you run. If you play madden at a somewhat decent level you should know what it defends against and where it’s vulnerable.
You'll be surprised how many players don't understand the difference in cover 1 and cover 3. I'll watch them play madden and pick the defense and still not get a good understanding of it. In one season I had to change the defense man from white, to one, to man. Because the name was too confusing. I was coaching freshman but still man.

If anyone here wants to start a miami dolphins misery thread I would be happy to participate.
We drafted bustua coming off a major surgery then drafted 50 DBs instead of an Oline. Igbo has looked real nice on the sidelines. Imagine having Herbert or Sewell. Better yet, AND.

Holy crap. How could any college player not know what cover 2, cover 3, cover 1, cover 2 man, etc. is? This is football 101 and should be taught to peewee. This would be the equivalent of a db not knowing the a gap from the c gap. No wonder we suck lol

Shields didn’t know how to study film properly and Phillips has never played Madden, apparently. What king of Mickey Mouse program we running here?

Advertisement
Back