Jaden Davis and Jarvis Brownlee on campus today

Advertisement
So Davis is good enough to start over a senior Al Blades Jr at STA last year, but isn’t a take for us this year? That’s interesting.

Lol at whoever was saying he’s smaller than Jaden Davis cough cough @gogeta. He measured at 5’11 3/8 and 170 pounds today.

Wasn't me saying smaller. They are close in size. Jaden Davis weighed at 166 back in Feburary. I never had a problem with either Davis or Brownlee's size or weight. That was Brooklyndee and a few others.

Advertisement
Apparently some politics involved....

I've heard that Rumph is all in on Davis but is being overruled.

Actually, I've heard for a min from two coaches that Rumph is the best talent evaluator on the defensive side (this was back when Kool was still on staff believe it or not), but Manny runs the show on Defense. Not that Manny is trash w his evals, just that he doesn't understand the S. Fla player like Rumph who will be on a guy like Bandy or Samuels from the get go.

Apparently some politics involved....
Why? Blades can punish people at the collage level, Davis maybe not. I'm not sure it's his height as much as the weight the staff feels he can carry on his frame. He can cover so must be something, just don't think the staff passes because of politics.

Why? Blades can punish people at the collage level, Davis maybe not. I'm not sure it's his height as much as the weight the staff feels he can carry on his frame. He can cover so must be something, just don't think the staff passes because of politics.
There was politics in Davis starting over Blades...

Advertisement
I've heard that Rumph is all in on Davis but is being overruled.

Actually, I've heard for a min from two coaches that Rumph is the best talent evaluator on the defensive side (this was back when Kool was still on staff believe it or not), but Manny runs the show on Defense. Not that Manny is trash w his evals, just that he doesn't understand the S. Fla player like Rumph who will be on a guy like Bandy or Samuels from the get go.

Yea i'm gonna hold back on that one. Especially when in comparison with Manny and Kul. I do believe the Bandy and Samuels thing as Manny is a fan of larger dbs as he puts a value on tackling.

Advertisement
Brownlee will start getting more attention from other schools now!! This kid's recruitment just started, MIAMI'S staff knows the talent they want here, stars and rankings aren't a big thing to our staff

Advertisement
Back