Jaden Davis and Chris Steele

Advertisement
Jaden visited UM with Stanley Garner and Jaden's dad on the day of CMR camp my son attended last year. I spoke with Jaden's dad for a while as Coach Rumph put Jaden and Garner through a workout that day and Jaden's dad didn't seem all that enthusiastic about UM that day, but Jaden's dad is a low key guy.

That is true. From what I’ve been told and it’s someone close to Jaden camp and the kids he hangs with. He’s been a bit of a UF lean but he has been feeling Miami a lot more lately. Doesn’t help UF either that they haven’t paid much mind to him anymore either. The DB coach at UF now barely recruited Jaden when he was at Tennessee too.

I still say UF for him, which is why I logged my pick for him there yesterday, but it could flip fast.

Yall saying dont recruit jaden bc he all gator.... if uga had the same approach with ty then maybe we would have signed ty, just dumb logic. Not to beat a dead horse, but Rumph needs to land us Stevenson. How does stevenson compare to PS2, TY, and other top corners in years past in south fla?

Advertisement
Dent not coming, Stevenson will be a battle till NSD...Ivey & Joyner better tell that kid to follow them here, We have to get one of Davis or Elam

Yall saying dont recruit jaden bc he all gator.... if uga had the same approach with ty then maybe we would have signed ty, just dumb logic. Not to beat a dead horse, but Rumph needs to land us Stevenson. How does stevenson compare to PS2, TY, and other top corners in years past in south fla?
He’s definitely in that upper echelon. To me he is much better than Josh Jobe who was very good imo

We are not going to get Steele, Davis, Dent, or Stevenson. Need to identify real targets now so we aren’t left holding our ****s in February. I’m sure there are some guys in the 150-250 overall range that we can get.
If we keep Winning and improve from this past season we can definitely start pulling kids from everywhere.

Advertisement
The search for premier talent should never be limited to one area, especially with what's happened these last two cycles at CB. Ivins has said the staff is pursuing four-star CB Maurice Hampton out of Tennessee, the state from which we landed Corn Elder. Should we not push for such a talented athlete at a position of need just because he's not from South Florida? **** no.

We shouldn't leave the area for reaches, but blue-chip talent from out of state is always worth pursuing. Especially in the case of someone like Hampton, who has taken action to show the interest is mutual by visiting for the UVA game in November and already stating he wants to OV here.

Now that we've recently offered Steele, it's the staff's job to try to gauge whether his interest is as legit as Hampton's appears to be.

We should concentrate mostly on South Florida (Duval & Orlando included) and go out of the area for key top notch talent, specially at key positions like QB. But talent should not be ignored regardless of location.

There ain’t enough people here talking about Renardo Green from Wekiva. They didn’t offer that kid now to recruit him later...that’s a name you’re probably going to hear a lot of.

Advertisement
UF will also be deemphasizing So.Fla

Back in the '80's the Gators, every year, would just have a handful from South Florida, usually less than ten. I stopped counting their rosters every year after the 80's because we stopped playing them. I do remember a report some years later that Spurrier was at MNW and lost it against the coaching staff, blaming them, I guess, for sending their kids to UM. I guess he was frustrated over not getting many top players from South Florida.

I always felt FSU was more of a threat to us in recruiting South Florida players.

So South Florida has never been as important to the Gators as it has been for us.

That type of thinking is how you miss out on elite guys who want to be here, like a lot of our past greats.

If a guy from Cali is truly elite, and shows real, genuine interest in UM, you give him a shot. Those guys will be hard to find. I would not pass up a Kellen Winslow II who was a WR, not a DB, but a skill player nonetheless. I'm not sure Vaughn Telemaque was better than what we might have gotten locally. I think he was slow-played by USC but might have gotten a late offer. So far, a lot of our California recruits, outside of a few QBs, have done very little. I'd rather devote our limited time and resources to recruiting Texas and Louisiana more.

If a guy from Cali is truly elite, and shows real, genuine interest in UM, you give him a shot. Those guys will be hard to find. I would not pass up a Kellen Winslow II who was a WR, not a DB, but a skill player nonetheless. I'm not sure Vaughn Telemaque was better than what we might have gotten locally. I think he was slow-played by USC but might have gotten a late offer. So far, a lot of our California recruits, outside of a few QBs, have done very little. I'd rather devote our limited time and resources to recruiting Texas and Louisiana more.
Texas? Try georgia... second most talented state behind Florida

Advertisement
Imagine if we would just land the top prospects in south florida smh. We should have Dent and Stevenson with davis in the slot and Richards and Sanguetti at safety. That secondary is in our backyard but for some reason we can't get em all. Hopefully we get 4 of them with Chris Steele(Want this kid badd).

Awwww chit he we go with this lol.

If the kid is a once in a decade talent (I think they said that about Patrick Peterson too), he's going to go to the highest bidder, guaranteed. I guess you can't win if you don't play, but I worry Miami will get strung along again thinking we have a good shot at him (we'll make his top 3), then end up hitting the JUCO market because we didn't offer other quality options.

Imagine if we would just land the top prospects in south florida smh. We should have Dent and Stevenson with davis in the slot and Richards and Sanguetti at safety. That secondary is in our backyard but for some reason we can't get em all. Hopefully we get 4 of them with Chris Steele(Want this kid badd).
FSU signed dents brother as a preferred walk on, not even looking at Miami landing him

Advertisement
Back