Jacurri Brown wins regional championship.

TOcane

Senior
4 TDS total 2 in the air and 2 on the ground. Sad on this site no mention of a few of our commits are balling and nobody cares. You hooligans are so obsessed with the admin you can’t even enjoy some kids laying it out there who could be future players on the team you love. I went through three pages of threads and still couldn’t find the Jacurri thread so I started this one.

Advertisement
It’s not that nobody cares. But we are expecting some dudes to jump off and we don’t know who. Hard to get excited about recruiting when you know what happens to elite players that are committed to teams that don’t look to good. FSU and uF already had some of their top recruits decommit.
We are one or 2 losses away from seeing a bunch of our coaches visiting 3 star players or our next coach going portal diving and trying to do a Mel tucker impression.

4 TDS total 2 in the air and 2 on the ground. Sad on this site no mention of a few of our commits are balling and nobody cares. You hooligans are so obsessed with the admin you can’t even enjoy some kids laying it out there who could be future players on the team you love. I went through three pages of threads and still couldn’t find the Jacurri thread so I started this one.
A441F834-6B8E-4ADC-915A-F5EAE186C4FB.jpeg

Advertisement
Jacurri may be one of the few handful of kids we actually sign in this class...

I think most fans just see what’s coming on the horizon which is a historically small & low ranked class & with the small amount of kids we do still have committed there’s a good chance a couple more of them will jump ship.

So while yes, we should be happy for a kid like Jacurri doing well his Senior season, the reality is most fans are just waiting for the other shoe to drop & preparing themselves for a really disjointed class. Plus, you have to also understand most Canes fans are jaded with the process because we’ve all seen & heard too much hype about recruits in HS & then as soon as they get to Coral Gables they either sit on the bench for 2 years or they rarely ever live up to the hype.

So the truth is, most people just aren’t going to be overly celebratory about recruits until they prove it consistently in games on the field, we’ve all fell victim to the Greentree hype train over the last few years & at this point I think most people just aren’t going to buy it anymore.

Until things change from the top down it’s just going to be hard for most people to get too excited about a player here or there, it’s nothing against the recruits themselves it’s just an unfortunate byproduct of repeated ineptitude & failures by every staff we’ve had for the last 18 years.

It sucks, but that’s where we are right now 🤷🏽‍♂️...

OP all you had to do was post whatever it was that Jacurri accomplished.....instead, by not doing so, you've created the exact same product that you went on a rant about.....go figure

This is very good advice that I hope the OP (and others) will internalize.

If anyone wants the board to be more positive, then at least begin with a positive thread. Instead of being mad at the board in general that 2-1/2 days passed without someone coming here and reporting on an OOS commit's game, pick up the torch and post the accomplishment, stat line, and congratulations.

Advertisement
OP all you had to do was post whatever it was that Jacurri accomplished.....instead, by not doing so, you've created the exact same product that you went on a rant about.....go figure
I will consider this on my next thread for recruiting. I was just shocked because I couldn’t find a Jacurri thread anywhere for pages and I don’t follow it all crazy the article popped up on my google feed so I came here to see if anyone had mentioned it. I was just disappointed to see how far the interest had fallen and I understand it’s due to what is happening with our team right now. I will just post updates if I see them and not try to turn a double negative to a positive and keep that for existing threads where there is good debate to be had.

I will consider this on my next thread for recruiting. I was just shocked because I couldn’t find a Jacurri thread anywhere for pages and I don’t follow it all crazy the article popped up on my google feed so I came here to see if anyone had mentioned it. I was just disappointed to see how far the interest had fallen and I understand it’s due to what is happening with our team right now. I will just post updates if I see them and not try to turn a double negative to a positive and keep that for existing threads where there is good debate to be had.
No worries OP! I've been trying to keep the mood upbeat too so I get that. Tell you what though, it's going to be some fun times on CIS if our boys find a way to get this W on Saturday. Manny has to go all the way, including winning the conference in Charlotte, if he wants CIS back on his side! Pitt game will be even more telling than NCST...buckle up

pulp fiction drinking GIF

Advertisement

The focus has shifted from recruiting to coaching - i'm sure most fans expect more decommits than commits between now and the time Manny is let go.

It's a shame bc we should be celebrating the accomplishments of these kids, except we don't know which ones, if any, will stay on board or bolt for early signing.

Advertisement
LOVE ADDING this kid to the QB Class.

With what he have seen from TVD....and allowing him to shirt and then get some packages where he can run a bit...we are cooking.
I think he is a good one. You can run peer runs with him too.

LOVE ADDING this kid to the QB Class.

With what he have seen from TVD....and allowing him to shirt and then get some packages where he can run a bit...we are cooking.

Most people think these kids are going to transfer out when they don't see the field in year one or two. But I'll bet they're going to develop a great friendship and going to make each other better. King definitely made TVD better. Steel sharpens steel.

Advertisement
Back