jacurri brown in the portal

Always seemed to be a class act. I’ll be pulling for him wherever he goes and as long as he ain’t playing against this U.

Advertisement
tbh I hoped he would stick and battled for QB1 next season but I can't blame him and I can't blame the coaches either because after three years of development he was almost the same player than when he arrived (or slightly better). Not enough.

I think he didn't come for cheap on the NIL front so this should free some funds.

Nah man. Three years in. Time for all parties to move on. Maybe it just didn’t work out here and does elsewhere. **** happens but we need roster space.

Advertisement
If it wasn’t Ward it would have been a different QB…
Absolutely.

But would not have been as good. He was the #3 QB in the portal (IMO, should have been #1 or #2 considering Sayin is just not as proven as Ward and Dillon Gabriel.

Who would have been QB1 if not Ward, we'll never know, but I don't think that player would be as good as Ward. ymmv I suppose.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are slim and none for 98% of college football players. Jaccuri has as much talent as Anthony Richards who went in the 1st round with a terrible body of work. Jaccuri has the talent. He needs developed. He needs to get a private QB coach this summer. Hopefully Cam Ward recommended his guy.

What I can't stand about fans in general is they can't move off from their initial judgment of players and people in general.

We see this all the time in college sports. Jaccuri played as a freshman when he should have redshirted. Because he played, fans have already judged his ability and his ceiling.

The truth is Jaccuri was mishandled. He should have left after the coaching change. I'm sure he was told all the right things to make him stay.

This staff has burned 2 freshman redshirts in back to back years. Emory will likely redshirt in year 2 like Jaccuri did.

I'm not going to pass judgment on a young man with 3 years of eligibility remaining. He gets to write his own story.

Look at Sheduer Sanders. Watching him out of high school and at Jackson State, there was no way in my mind that he could play at the P5 now P4 level. He was not that good. After tirelessly working with a QB coach, he has turned himself into a likely 1st round draft pick at QB.

The same thing goes for Jayden Daniel's. He did not play at a Hesiman level until this past season. He was just an average QB at best. He put it all together this past season.

I'm not saying Jaccuri makes that same leap, but that is completely up to him. He controls his own destiny.

Best wishes to him!!!
Jayden Daniels was a total stud his Freshman year at ASU and both Daniels/Sanders are natural passers.

Best of luck to Jacurri but your examples are bad.

Manny recruit cant throw, but will be good if he goes to a lesser program. If he goes to a top tier program hes cooked. Hes a good kid though its a shame the media is going to tarnish it

Lashlee recruited him to UM. I'm very curious to see if Lash offers him again now.

I dont think very highly of Jacurri Brown as a QB prospect, but if he wants to develop as a QB, his best chance might be at UCF. He can sit behind KJ Jefferson for one season then compete for the starting spot. If anyone can make a productive QB out of Jacurri Brown, Gus Malzahn can.

Advertisement
Lashlee recruited him to UM. I'm very curious to see if Lash offers him again now.

I dont think very highly of Jacurri Brown as a QB prospect, but if he wants to develop as a QB, his best chance might be at UCF. He can sit behind KJ Jefferson for one season then compete for the starting spot. If anyone can make a productive QB out of Jacurri Brown, Gus Malzahn can.
yup he has to make a smart choice

Advertisement
Back