Jacory will make an NFL team

As much as I appreciate what he's done this year and hopefully what he will do over the course of the next few games, I just don't think his situation adds up to an NFL career. He has a questionable release, subpar arm and has had a questionable internal clock. Those are not the attributes an NFL QB coach or Quality/Video Coach typically fantasizes about molding into a viable option.

I guess I've seen crazier things. I'm just trying to think about it from the standpoint of an employee of an NFL franchise.

Advertisement
As much as I appreciate what he's done this year and hopefully what he will do over the course of the next few games, I just don't think his situation adds up to an NFL career. He has a questionable release, subpar arm and has had a questionable internal clock. Those are not the attributes an NFL QB coach or Quality/Video Coach typically fantasizes about molding into a viable option.

I guess I've seen crazier things. I'm just trying to think about it from the standpoint of an employee of an NFL franchise.

I have to agree...he has showed tremendous growth as a college player this year but that in and of itself does not mean a **** thing when it comes to the next level. If he had one plus characteristic in terms of pro quarterback makeup he could probably get a look, but I can't see it.

He's definitely improved this season, and in all reality, there have been worse NCAA Qb's to make it in the final drafts to play in the NFL. He will most likely never start, but with proper NFL coaching, he could be a good 3rd stringer.

I highly doubt Harris makes an NFL team. He's somewhat childish, his comments about getting tired of bringing the team back brings his overall mindset into question, his throwing motion will hinder him....not the motion in itself but his his lateness with throws/ seeing things develop late will be made worse buy his elongated throwing motion.

Advertisement
He'll definitely get a camp invite, don't know if he makes the team or PS, but he's done a lot of good things this year. About 12 QBs get drafted a year and another 20 get camp invites. Jacory is in the 10-15 range of QBs in this draft. Has the size and his arm has been good this year, he still floats some stuff but his intermediate throws have good zip, and there aren't a lot of 6-4 QBs with the amount of experience he has. Throw in some solid mechanics plus the pro style/drop back experience, he could probably make a PS for a few years.

He has to give the NFL a shot. Even the practice squad guys make a minimum of $5,700 a week. Over 17 weeks thats basically $97,000 a year. That situation is still probably the best job any graduating student at Miami will get this year out of college just because he only has to work 17 weeks + 6 or so for training camp/pre season.

His next move should be to become a Grad Assistant somewhere, immediately.

He'll definitely get a camp invite, don't know if he makes the team or PS, but he's done a lot of good things this year. About 12 QBs get drafted a year and another 20 get camp invites. Jacory is in the 10-15 range of QBs in this draft. Has the size and his arm has been good this year, he still floats some stuff but his intermediate throws have good zip, and there aren't a lot of 6-4 QBs with the amount of experience he has. Throw in some solid mechanics plus the pro style/drop back experience, he could probably make a PS for a few years.

I dont think he has a + arm by any means but I dont think its as weak as people make it out to be. When he steps into his throws his arm looks significantly different such as the long first throw to Streeter for 50 yds vs UVA, the long td pass to Streeter vs UNC on the 2nd possession and that throw vs FSU in 09. He just hasnt done it consistently like he has this year but even now he tends to fall back into the float it and try and put touch on everything

Advertisement
I don't think he sniffs the NFL (camp, practice squad, nothing). Hope he gets his degree. Maybe he can go back and coach/work @ MNW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back