Jacory Harris

do you guys think its really improvement due to competition and not so called entitlement or is it being healthy and having a qb coach thats actually teaching him his position?

Advertisement
I think the competition has something to do with it, because it probably made him worker, which got him better a little bit. But the coaching has definitely made him a much better QB.

Advertisement
I continue to think that everything for J12 changed when he threw the ball out of bounds on 1st and 10 against the asterisks and the home town crowd cheered. I can just imagine the film review the following day. The coaches prolly turned up the volume on the crowd and said, the fans are telling you what you need to learn. lol

I think competition has definitely provided some motivation at least, but it's mostly coaching. You can see the difference in how much more willing he is to tuck it and run or throw it away now. I think a lot of it has simply to do with the way Coach Fisch handles his players. We all have heard a bunch of stories about what an arrogant condescending flaming prick Whipple was. He definitely knows offense but relating to college players is a different animal.

Lamar Miller.

This is part of coaching then, because he was here last year, and we also had a couple of other solid backs that were seniors. Fisch has done a much better job of keeping the offense balanced, which is helping Jacory out then Whipple did. It was all passing with Whipple.

Advertisement
coaching, easy reads.. threat of being benched if he does not perform.. all those things helped.

Coaching has to be paramount in his success, but I don't think the thumb injury can be overlooked. Kid tore every ligament in his throwing thumb. That takes some serious recovery to not only get the hand strength up but full feeling on his passes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back