2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Advertisement
if you lose out on these kind of kids bc of money how the **** you supposed to close on big time players that are gonna cost more? or we gonna think it's cool to focus all funds on 1 position every year?
next year is CB
maybe we spend on WR by 2025 🙏

Why do people have to analyze these things in an overly simplistic fashion?

Did you stop to think he's asking for more than we've offered to JoJo and Jeremiah? Still think he's worth the overpay?

Advertisement
Why do people have to analyze these things in an overly simplistic fashion?

Did you stop to think he's asking for more than we've offered to JoJo and Jeremiah? Still think he's worth the overpay?
bc I wanted to overly simplify. bc i'm a passionate fan that hates losing out on a kid, any kid, that I think can be an asset to this team. However, since you want to ask these questions, then sure, I'll bite.
If Nebraska is willing to pay more for Barney than we're offering JoJo or Jeremiah, then guess what? Other schools are gonna offer a lot more for those 2 than we're currently offering. This is like pro sports free agency. The market could be a certain number, but all it takes is 1 desperate program to overpay, n they'll win out.

Advertisement
South FL kids just don't learn and continue to make the same mistake over and over. I think the people around these kids are also the problem. Pushing them as far away from S. FL as possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
bc I wanted to overly simplify. bc i'm a passionate fan that hates losing out on a kid, any kid, that I think can be an asset to this team. However, since you want to ask these questions, then sure, I'll bite.
If Nebraska is willing to pay more for Barney than we're offering JoJo or Jeremiah, then guess what? Other schools are gonna offer a lot more for those 2 than we're currently offering. This is like pro sports free agency. The market could be a certain number, but all it takes is 1 desperate program to overpay, n they'll win out.
Like Florida with Rashada.

It does make me wonder….what if the reason that Florida pulled their deal at the last minute with Jaden was not due to lack of funds, but because the deal was so ludicrously overpriced that it completely upset the entire marketplace. That now every other SEC power’s starting price for a quarterback was now $14M, and it could quickly escalate from there. So rather than lack of funds, perhaps behind the scenes assertions that previously undisclosed violations would be provided to the NCAA to take down the Gators, if they went ahead with that deal. Just a low probability theory.

Advertisement
Back