2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Advertisement
Was really expecting Barney in this class. Actually was kind of hype to get another commit. I almost don’t wanna read anymore posts today. I thought for sure he would have seen how it turned for the other MAIMI boys. That went to Nebraska. We could use some more good news, but we gotta trust our staff. It is what it is and THEYRE WHO WE GOT.

Advertisement
Not gonna lie..I was getting a little tired of the “best evaluators in the room” card we were playing with a lot of these commits. I’m no star ***** but let’s call a spade a spade. The kid was good and all but he’s only a miss due to optics. This doesn’t cause me to push the panic button.

That said, we are recruiting about how we should coming off a 5-7 season. Let’s see what happens as the season progresses. We have a long way to go.

Depends. If we crap the bed again on the field then yes. If we do well and arent desperate then tell kids like this to eat our *** with a spoon (pause)
Pause Affirmations GIF by Selfpause: Positive Affirmation App

unwind chill out GIF

200.gif
The End Reaction GIF by Freeform

Advertisement
1. At least we can still recruit TEs. At this rate we will need 6 TEs in this class since we can’t get any WRs. Just line them up wide and play Jump ball.

2. Gattis set the program back 2-3 years. Mario may not ever recover without any QBs and WRs.

3. Our insiders say there are other collectives besides Ruiz. I’m saying yes there are but they prob don’t have the juice like Ruiz did last year. I think our NIL game is lacking until proven otherwise. I’m not saying we should spend huge dollars on guys like Barney but until we land some higher rated prospects I’m going to believe we have a money issue. Or we only have enough paper to spend an a handful of players.

4. Win 9 games plus or were in this same boat again.

5. Nobody knows anything this cycle, there are no insiders right now.

6. Not trying to be a mope but this is reality until proven otherwise. Fingers crossed for a good July!

Advertisement
If the bag was sizeable enough it doesn't matter. People here talk about the SoFLA diva & the disloyalty of the local coaches/handlers when trying to wrap their heads around why we lose kids like this. It's all economics. He likely wanted to choose Miami, but when you're a poor family living in SW Miami Dade during a recession with rampant inflation it sets the stage for big spenders to poach if we aren't willing to spend. Winning on field will always help but bags will always help more. A coaching staff developing you for the league, enjoying winning seasons, facilities, education is all great but it's not comparable to boosters putting 5 or 6 figures in your checking account and having your mother's rent paid. Start paying up or rinse & repeat.
Maybe so bro. Problem is NIL is all based on promises not contracts.

1. At least we can still recruit TEs. At this rate we will need 6 TEs in this class since we can’t get any WRs. Just line them up wide and play Jump ball.

2. Gattis set the program back 2-3 years. Mario may not ever recover without any QBs and WRs.

3. Our insiders say there are other collectives besides Ruiz. I’m saying yes there are but they prob don’t have the juice like Ruiz did last year. I think our NIL game is lacking until proven otherwise. I’m not saying we should spend huge dollars on guys like Barney but until we land some higher rated prospects I’m going to believe we have a money issue. Or we only have enough paper to spend an a handful of players.

4. Win 9 games plus or were in this same boat again.

5. Nobody knows anything this cycle, there are no insiders right now.

6. Not trying to be a mope but this is reality until proven otherwise. Fingers crossed for a good July!
It starts with Mario, he hired Gattis.. All the info on Gattis was out there, this guy prides himself on being thourough and taking his time and extreme interview process, put the corch on the board, ask questions, talk to everyone in world and find out what is going on.. Given blank check and given everything he asked for on list, blown out by mtsu at home.. fired almost everyone he hired.. both coord and many corches.. he hand picked..

Advertisement
T

There is a difference between a staff who knows how to evaluate and picks certain kids out and staff that are lazy recruiters and bad evaluators.
There is a difference in evaluation, but there are all kinds of books written about the wisdom of a crowd for a reason. Individuals- over the long run- do tend to lose to the wisdom of a crowd (markets).

Expecting to be able to beat the market tends to end up simply being overconfidence in ones self to evaluate etc.

This one stings. To lose a south Florida kid to an also-ran program like Nebraska is a bad omen. Mainly because you expected to land him, truly wanted him, and lost because you wouldn’t pay what the market was paying.

Bad signs all around for the program. If you didn’t know the honeymoon was over already after 5-7, this one might open the eyes for sure.

This one stings. To lose a south Florida kid to an also-ran program like Nebraska is a bad omen. Mainly because you expected to land him, truly wanted him, and lost because you wouldn’t pay what the market was paying.

Bad signs all around for the program. If you didn’t know the honeymoon was over already after 5-7, this one might open the eyes for sure.
you are over reacting. Lose Jojo Trader to Nebraska and you have a problem.

Advertisement
Back