2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Looks like Miami just don't want to spend on WRs

Orrrrrrrrrrr WRs wanna see what’s what. U do realize that in just the past 4 NFL drafts, Rhule can name drop about 3 WRs he coached that wound up as top 3 round draft picks, don’t u? Mario can’t name drop one, & I specifically & directly told this board my concern is the narrative about him & WRs, & that narrative was hella validated last season.

We show better, & I’m sure better will be rewarded. Regardless, a kid like Barney who’s a 4* b/c the microfibers of chin hairs ain’t moving me right now. Land who we were predicted to land along the Def Line, have a good season & everything should be fine. HOWEVER, if we struggle along the Def Line recruiting, then….yeah.

Advertisement
No, I was just pointing out the fact that he’s throwing up the numbers 5-0-3.

I’m sure he was trying to do 305 but he didn’t think about the fact that he had it the wrong way round. It’s dumb to think that 1.) nobody told him to flip it around. And 2.) they used that picture to represent the 305.

That or he’s part of the large Hebrew population in Miami.
it dumber that the guy who made the edit didn't flip the picture in photoshop

if you lose out on these kind of kids bc of money how the **** you supposed to close on big time players that are gonna cost more? or we gonna think it's cool to focus all funds on 1 position every year?
next year is CB
maybe we spend on WR by 2025 🙏
What position are we focusing on this class? it’s pretty clear our recruiting resources are not the same as last year.

For months we heard how the two 5 star tackles are scaring off folks. That reeks of bull ****.

We are struggling in the trail. No doubt about it.

Is Trader still looking like Miami? Chance, Trader and Mccoy if he flips wouldn't be a bad WR Haul...

Advertisement
1688255179003.png

Oh well fellas. We get who we get. I still won't miss a game this fall regardless. Go canes!

It’s a loooooooong time between now & December/February. Optically it looks bad, but there’s premium players, PREMIUM players still out there that we’re in the game for. Close out July strong & we’ll be just fine. I just don’t want anything to be assumed moving fwd. That’s what causes all the ruckus & civil violence.

I’m not saying we don’t have a good NIL situation. I’m saying we just went 5-7 and have to overpay kids at this point to jumpstart things quicker. If the pot is say 10-15M, an extra few thousand to an outside receiver (a position we can’t recruit to save our lives) should not be the difference in landing him vs him going to Nebraska. It feels like things are tighter.
Nebraska went 4-8.........and are located in, Nebraska.

Advertisement
Bags don’t always matter. Some kids aren’t going to be overpaid. UF Nebraska are going to overpay for kids we won’t
We shouldn’t overspend on good, only Elite players.

If say wr called Barney at say $40k/yr, then Nebraska offers $100k… You don’t match that. If Nebraskas offer was like $50k, then you might match cause it’s not straight crazy.

But at the same time a guy like Jeremiah Smith is with overpaying by like $100k all by himself if that is what it took…

At least in my opinion

Orrrrrrrrrrr WRs wanna see what’s what. U do realize that in just the past 4 NFL drafts, Rhule can name drop about 3 WRs he coached that wound up as top 3 round draft picks, don’t u? Mario can’t name drop one, & I specifically & directly told this board my concern is the narrative about him & WRs, & that narrative was hella validated last season.

We show better, & I’m sure better will be rewarded. Regardless, a kid like Barney who’s a 4* b/c the microfibers of chin hairs ain’t moving me right now. Land who we were predicted to land along the Def Line, have a good season & everything should be fine. HOWEVER, if we struggle along the Def Line recruiting, then….yeah
We shouldn’t overspend on good, only Elite players.

If say wr called Barney at say $40k/yr, then Nebraska offers $100k… You don’t match that. If Nebraskas offer was like $50k, then you might match cause it’s not straight crazy.

But at the same time a guy like Jeremiah Smith is with overpaying by like $100k all by himself if that is what it took…

At least in my opinion
Jeremiah or Jo-Jo type kids yes.

Advertisement
Was really expecting Barney in this class. Actually was kind of hype to get another commit. I almost don’t wanna read anymore posts today. I thought for sure he would have seen how it turned for the other MAIMI boys. That went to Nebraska. We could use some more good news, but we gotta trust our staff. It is what it is and THEYRE WHO WE GOT.

I will also say this, Jacory already loved Nebraska and was gonna commit there. He balled out at our camp the other day & got the offer, which made him rethink his decision. The NIL bag swayed his decision back to the corn, plus he's already tight with Deuce, Corey and Willis. Daylen Russell was gonna commit to Nebraska till he got the UM offer. Evan Cooper is from Richmond Heights & played at Palmetto, plus they got ex Homestead HC PJ Simpson on staff now as assistant DL coach so they're making their presence heavy down south
Phil Simpson is on Nebraska staff.....PJ is his son

Advertisement
Not over but there’s no way to spin this lol very bad look here. Getting real spooky around these parts. Lucky it’s still early.

Advertisement
Back