2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

We good, have fun in Lincoln
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Nebraska will never be what they were but Rhule will build them up to a good team like Baylor before he left.

I don’t think so.

That Big 12 was down when Rhule took over. The insane offensive era was coming to an end.

Now he’s **** bent on running the Harbaugh offense, but he’s never going to recruit at that level. And the Big 10 is about to bring in 4 more teams that recruit at or above Nebraska.

You just aren’t going to have much success offensively playing that style. So not only are you going to lose to the upper tier, but because you’re limiting the number of plays run, you’re increasing your upset chances.

I don’t think so.

That Big 12 was down when Rhule took over. The insane offensive era was coming to an end.

Now he’s **** bent on running the Harbaugh offense, but he’s never going to recruit at that level. And the Big 10 is about to bring in 4 more teams that recruit at or above Nebraska.

You just aren’t going to have much success offensively playing that style. So not only are you going to lose to the upper tier, but because you’re limiting the number of plays run, you’re increasing your upset chances.
Nebraska has money and Rhule can build a team from scratch , my only question is can he sustain it after building?

Advertisement
Nebraska has money and Rhule can build a team from scratch , my only question is can he sustain it after building?

I don’t think any team’s problem in the Big 10 is going to be money. At least not for a long time.

They are going to have fine talent. Not great. Maybe a recruiting class between 15 and 30 most years. Probably a .87 to .89 average recruit ranking, depending on the class size.

You aren’t taking that level of talent and playing 1995 Big 10 offensive football and winning many games.

Even Wisconsin gave up trying.

Barney gotta be an academic casualty if he chose Nebraska over us

SAT score no longer required.

Therefore, academic qualification is down to GPA and core credits.

And if they kid didn't have it by the end of his junior year, he's an "academic redshirt" casualty, no matter where he goes.

Apparently, he had built up a good relationship with the WR coaach at Nebraska, and we were behind because of the delays in ****canning Gattis and hiring Beard.

Oh well. If we get who we are supposed to get, I'll never think of this kid again.

Advertisement
SAT score no longer required.

Therefore, academic qualification is down to GPA and core credits.

And if they kid didn't have it by the end of his junior year, he's an "academic redshirt" casualty, no matter where he goes.

Apparently, he had built up a good relationship with the WR coaach at Nebraska, and we were behind because of the delays in ****canning Gattis and hiring Beard.

Oh well. If we get who we are supposed to get, I'll never think of this kid again.
Are they not requiring ACT either? Is this a school, NCAA, or conference policy? Seems really ******* dumb, as classes and GPAs are not very comparable from school to school (or even within a school).

Might as well just throw out all academic entry requirements (in practice, they probably have been already).

Advertisement
Are they not requiring ACT either? Is this a school, NCAA, or conference policy? Seems really ******* dumb, as classes and GPAs are not very comparable from school to school (or even within a school).

Might as well just throw out all academic entry requirements (in practice, they probably have been already).
Most schools have become “test optional” for regular incoming students with some not even allowing you to submit them so I imagine the NCAA has a similar rules for athletes.

Most schools have become “test optional” for regular incoming students with some not even allowing you to submit them so I imagine the NCAA has a similar rules for athletes.
Well, as long as the federal student loan program exists, they know they'll get paid and can do whatever.

Advertisement
I don’t think so.

Its not like Baylor was terrible before he got there. Yes, they went through the Briles situation, but the last three years Briles was there, they were a 10-11 win team every year. I give him credit for keeping it going, but its not like he did anything ground breaking there.

I agree Rhule can build a team but I’m not sure he can sustain it (10+ wins) . Biggest reason I think he can’t sustain it is it OL. During the steroid era, Nebraska pumped out OL year after year now Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St, and Penn St all have markedly better OLs year in year out.

Advertisement
Back