Jacorey Brooks leaving BTW

Going to boarding school can be make or break for a lot of kids, but for someone preparing to go to an OOS school it’s a way to get acclimated to what your next four years will feel like.

Not a bad decision by any means, something I’ll certain push my kids to do if they ever have the opportunity. Between the educational advantages and just the ability to meet people who come from a variety of backgrounds it’s a great opportunity
This.. IMG is a football factory I wouldn't push a kid to go there until senior year. Ik a girl played 3 years soccer at IMG had offers and didn't even play in college because it was too much. On the other hand everything you said is on the dot. My nephew went prep and it was by far the best thing that ever happened. He wouldn't be in the position he is today without it.

Advertisement
If I’m a receiver, I personally Wouldn’t be signing up actively to play in that offense. The passing game is terrible every single year at img but it is what it is
They have a new staff. HC been recruiting like a dog.

All I see is IG posts of all our commits at local gyms where nfl players work out at. Brinson out there with ocho cinco working out. You don’t need to leave Miami for any of what you just said. Everyone is in this kids ear to come to UM and saban has just as many connections down here as anyone.
Kid is doing what he’s told period. Don’t try to twist it. That offense is horrible.
What about gold feet where a bunch of d1 receivers and db’s go and train. No better place to be than where he is.

Working out with trained Athletic Performance professionals getting meals from chefs based on what diet/nutrition experts dial up while having a full sports medicine team at your disposal during a pandemic... or working out on a Bosu ball doing gimmicks and agility ladders and going for a Big Mac after and having your coaches teach you jack **** about football? I'll send my kid to IMG

All I see is IG posts of all our commits at local gyms where nfl players work out at. Brinson out there with ocho cinco working out. You don’t need to leave Miami for any of what you just said. Everyone is in this kids ear to come to UM and saban has just as many connections down here as anyone.
Kid is doing what he’s told period. Don’t try to twist it. That offense is horrible.
What about gold feet where a bunch of d1 receivers and db’s go and train. No better place to be than where he is.
You act like just because he went to IMG he can't work with goldfeet whenever hes home🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Working out with trained Athletic Performance professionals getting meals from chefs based on what diet/nutrition experts dial up while having a full sports medicine team at your disposal during a pandemic... or working out on a Bosu ball doing gimmicks and agility ladders and going for a Big Mac after and having your coaches teach you jack **** about football? I'll send my kid to IMG
Those gimmicks and Big Macs have produced a bunch of nfl talent. It’s all window dressing. 18 year olds can eat whatever they want and won’t get fat or lose out on performance. The dudes in the local gyms are actually former nfl guys or guys that are licensed trainers that work with pro dudes. Kids go to that school to get away or to get test scores.
Word around the camp fire is they might go after several dudes down here.
They want to get kids that should be sec slam dunks as far away from um as possible. This is the first time we’ve had a sofla 5 star bounce to that school for his senior year after he committed. It’s not like Brooks has been hiding under a rock and no one knew who he was.

Why is it head scratching?

I don't understand. It's legit a football factory.

And if you're going to say about passing the ball they have a completely new coaching staff fyi
He didn’t need IMG football wise and his stats will no doubt take a hit. He passes up a chance to legitimately play for a ship with the hometown football factory. However, he’s leaving town for college and he gets the opportunity to forge different relationships. I understand both train of thoughts and in the end it’s his life and only what he feels best for him matters. While I’m against any bashing of the kid, I’m ok with some of the skepticism.

Best if he just go to tuscalossa HS. Was told by a local coach that baga sells the success of their WR getting drafted and the money they get signed for. Says it very convincing for the kids and their parents.

Advertisement
He didn’t need IMG football wise and his stats will no doubt take a hit. He passes up a chance to legitimately play for a ship with the hometown football factory. However, he’s leaving town for college and he gets the opportunity to forge different relationships. I understand both train of thoughts and in the end it’s his life and only what he feels best for him matters. While I’m against any bashing of the kid, I’m ok with some of the skepticism.
The simple question is can IMG get him better prepared for Bama the answer is yes.

He already won a state championship at Booker T it's not he hasn't done it already. Dude been starting varsity since 9th grade when they opened up vs Heritage with Surtain and Campbell

The simple question is can IMG get him better prepared for Bama the answer is yes.

He already won a state championship at Booker T it's not he hasn't done it already. Dude been starting varsity since 9th grade when they opened up vs Heritage with Surtain and Campbell
Exactly. Do you want to stay potential or turn into production? IMG has a state of the art facility and Athletic Performance model. Bama now has a real strength coach in Dr. Rhea. No more talent overcoming the S&C program, they'll now be cutting edge in S&C. No, Bama was NOT cutting edge in S&C under Coach Cokehran

Those gimmicks and Big Macs have produced a bunch of nfl talent. It’s all window dressing. 18 year olds can eat whatever they want and won’t get fat or lose out on performance. The dudes in the local gyms are actually former nfl guys or guys that are licensed trainers that work with pro dudes. Kids go to that school to get away or to get test scores.
Word around the camp fire is they might go after several dudes down here.
They want to get kids that should be sec slam dunks as far away from um as possible. This is the first time we’ve had a sofla 5 star bounce to that school for his senior year after he committed. It’s not like Brooks has been hiding under a rock and no one knew who he was.

18 year olds who don't want to dominate at the next level as a freshman can eat whatever they want and juggle ping pong balls while tight rope waling. You eat (diet, nutrition), and train (Athletic Performance programming) and can make massive differences. Look at how many Miami players get worse in 3-4 years versus get better. Where would you send your D1 talent son right now? Miami or Alabama?

All this tells me for Jacorey is that school's over and he's now going to go work on his development. I like Booker T., but you still gotta do the song and dance of student life there. He's a good student and is probably nearly done with his required coursework, so go wrap up the 2 classes he probably has left in an online learning environment (probably just English 4 and Government/Economics) and start working more toward training at IMG. This shouldn't be an indictment on anything about the kid or anything UM related.

Advertisement
Advertisement
18 year olds who don't want to dominate at the next level as a freshman can eat whatever they want and juggle ping pong balls while tight rope waling. You eat (diet, nutrition), and train (Athletic Performance programming) and can make massive differences. Look at how many Miami players get worse in 3-4 years versus get better. Where would you send your D1 talent son right now? Miami or Alabama?
I would send my son to wherever he wants to play. If he’s got the talent he gets to the league regardless of where he goes. The draft proves that. The fact that plenty of dudes that pick bama don’t see even a practice squad proves that. All the guys they get that are high draft picks were gonna be high draft picks. This has been discussed here before.

Yeah, I don't get this one either. You can't win a state title with IMG, he's already to committed to one of the biggest college football programs in the country, so exposure clearly hasn't been an issue. Idk, but best of luck to him up there.

He's already won a state title he aint ring chasing, im guessing just trying to get better in case the fhsaa cuts season or Bama advising him to do such

Advertisement
Back