Jacob Stoney Kicker

Cash

Emperor
Premium
Jacob is the kicker for independence High School (5A) in Middle TN. I was at the scrimmages the last two Friday's against Ravenwood (6A) and Franklin High (6A). This kid has a canon for a leg and consistently puts the ball out of the back of the end zone on kickoffs. He's the Bosher of Indy's team. He's 6'1" 200+ lbs (legit) and will make your teeth rattle when he hits you. They switch him back and forth at MLB and DE too. Wish I had a video for him but I'll see him tomorrow so I'll try to find one.

MaxPreps - America's Source For High School Sports...

Last edited:
Advertisement
The kicking game is important so many games are won and lost because of good/poor field position and made/missed field goals

Advertisement
You don't waste scholarships on kickers when you have glaring needs. There are plenty of walk-ons who can kick.

Disagree. If you find a guy who can consistently kick the ball out of the end zone and/or consistently hit 50+ yard field goals, he's more than worth a scholarship. Kicking is now a glaring need for this team with Bosher gone IMO.

You don't waste scholarships on kickers when you have glaring needs. There are plenty of walk-ons who can kick.

Who said anything about offering a scholarship? I said in the original thread if it were me id offer him as a preferred walk-on. O'Donnell was worth a scholarship though even though he was a Grad Transfer.

Advertisement
How will he get out of SEC country if he's that good?

Don't know but to the best of my knowledge he doesn't have any major offers as of yet. That could change as the season progresses though and Indy has a legit shot to win 5A states this year so he'll get plenty of attention.

The backup we have is supposed to have a huge leg. I assume he'll be doing kickoffs if he's as advertised.

Advertisement
I was told today by one of the coaches he's good from 55 yards in as a FG kicker too. I haven't seen him kick any FG's yet but it doesn't surprise me. South Carolina is coming out in a few weeks to watch him so he will blow up here pretty soon. We also have a helluva QB & WR combo.

Actually in Thompson Station, TN.

Jacob is the kicker for independence High School (5A) in Middle TN. I was at the scrimmages the last two Friday's against Ravenwood (6A) and Franklin High (6A). This kid has a canon for a leg and consistently puts the ball out of the back of the end zone on kickoffs. He's the Bosher of Indy's team. He's 6'1" 200+ lbs (legit) and will make your teeth rattle when he hits you. They switch him back and forth at MLB and DE too. Wish I had a video for him but I'll see him tomorrow so I'll try to find one.

Advertisement
Actually in Thompson Station, TN.

Yeah most people not from here don't know where that is lol... I just try to keep it regional.

85 scholarships
-72 players travel
=13 scholarship guys watching the game at home

I would rather have a top 10 kicker in the country hitting field goals than a top 150 walk on.

His length strength needs to get better and his form needs some work. His steps looked inconsistent on youtube.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back