Jackson State Game 2 6pm

Advertisement
Good to see Cloonan get going after finally get his shot.

Hopefully the bullpen performance the last two days is indicative of what we’ll see going forward.

Advertisement
A regional host team wins the series this weekend.

Maybe. I looked at the hosts from last year and there were some series losses in there.

Minnesota- (43-15, RPI- 12) Lost a weekend series to Creighton

East Carolina- (44-18, RPI- 15) Lost a weekend series to Missouri State/Pepperdine (tournament), S. Florida, Houston, UConn

Coastal Carolina- (43-19, RPI- 25) Swept in a two-game weekend series by High Point (seriously), Lost weekend series to La.-Lafeyette

Stanford- (46-12, RPI- 6) Lost three weekend series, all on the road. UCLA, Oregon State, Washington. They only won three road series all year

Georgia- (39-21, RPI- 10) Swept by Charleston (wow), lost weekend series at Vanderbilt, home to Kentucky, at Ole Miss, at Florida. They went 0-2 in the SEC tournament. Basically, they hosted due to being in the SEC and winning a series against Arkansas.

North Carolina St.- (42-18, RPI- 24) Swept by North Carolina at home, lost weekend series to Florida State.

To host they are going to need to exceed most expectations for sure, but hit the 37 wins I projected, get two more in the conference tournament and win a few of the major weekend series and they're right there at the cut line.

UNC is a really talented team and was the easy favorite in the Coastal.

A series win would be huge. But we absolutely at least need to avoid a sweep

Maybe. I looked at the hosts from last year and there were some series losses in there.

Minnesota- (43-15, RPI- 12) Lost a weekend series to Creighton

East Carolina- (44-18, RPI- 15) Lost a weekend series to Missouri State/Pepperdine (tournament), S. Florida, Houston, UConn

Coastal Carolina- (43-19, RPI- 25) Swept in a two-game weekend series by High Point (seriously), Lost weekend series to La.-Lafeyette

Stanford- (46-12, RPI- 6) Lost three weekend series, all on the road. UCLA, Oregon State, Washington. They only won three road series all year

Georgia- (39-21, RPI- 10) Swept by Charleston (wow), lost weekend series at Vanderbilt, home to Kentucky, at Ole Miss, at Florida. They went 0-2 in the SEC tournament. Basically, they hosted due to being in the SEC and winning a series against Arkansas.

North Carolina St.- (42-18, RPI- 24) Swept by North Carolina at home, lost weekend series to Florida State.

To host they are going to need to exceed most expectations for sure, but hit the 37 wins I projected, get two more in the conference tournament and win a few of the major weekend series and they're right there at the cut line.

I wasn't implying that the series is a "must win." But if we're going to host a regional, we need to get some road ACC series wins.

I wasn't implying that the series is a "must win." But if we're going to host a regional, we need to get some road ACC series wins.

Really, I was just using your post as the impetus to satisfy a curiosity you created.

Also- and I know this will shock you- this board has tended to be a bit reactionary if a series is lost as meaning the team is “insert derogatory adjective here.”

Advertisement
Good to see Cloonan get going after finally get his shot.

Hopefully the bullpen performance the last two days is indicative of what we’ll see going forward.

The bullpen and Cloonan were the bright spots, and Lala and Del Castillo continue to impress. Before Lala's ground-out in last AB, they were 8 for 8 OB. We need them to rub off on more of the position players that you have to focus on every opponent.

I thought Cecconi threw well and was getting squeezed by the home plate ump on some nice two strike pitches.

Really, I was just using your post as the impetus to satisfy a curiosity you created.

Also- and I know this will shock you- this board has tended to be a bit reactionary if a series is lost as meaning the team is “insert derogatory adjective here.”

Fair enough.

Georgia hosted because they finished tied for second in the #1 conference.

Lala - CF
Vilar - 2B
Zamora - SS
Del Castillo - RF
Toral - 1B
Gil - DH
Amditis - C
Cloonan - LF
Escala - 3B

Advertisement

Our postseason streak sits at -2, so those people have been right.

Also- and I know this will shock you- this board has tended to be a bit reactionary if a series is lost as meaning the team is “Bereft of any Capacity to Play Good Defense.”

Does that work?

:)

Advertisement
The bullpen and Cloonan were the bright spots, and Lala and Del Castillo continue to impress. Before Lala's ground-out in last AB, they were 8 for 8 OB. We need them to rub off on more of the position players that you have to focus on every opponent.

I thought Cecconi threw well and was getting squeezed by the home plate ump on some nice two strike pitches.
It’s nice to finally have a speedy guy who gets on base, and then knows how to run the bases.

Advertisement
Back