Jackson State Game 1

Advertisement
I love the approach from Del Castillo and Toral. RISP with less than two outs and they’re aggressive. Doesn’t matter how the at bats before yours transpired, you’re in the middle of the order and in and RBI situation. We got away from that the last couple of years

Canes lead 4-3 at the 7th inning stretch. I’d stick with Veliz for the 8th rather than spin the bullpen roulette wheel again with Gates. Nice bounce back from Sunday for Maury.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That one certainly won’t go on the offensive highlight reel at the end of the season. Much better from the bullpen, especially Veliz who was just dominant tonight.

Advertisement
Jackson State threw their ace in the 1st inning after he threw 120+ pitches on Friday. He pitched 7 1/3 against Alabama A & M and took the loss due to unearned runs. It’s pretty crazy that they threw him out there like that.

They played that game like it was game 7. I appreciated that the Canes grinder out a game like that and had their bullpen pitch the whole game.

Now that Jackson State has thrown they have everything they had out there, I’d like to see Miami put a 14-2 type win on them tomorrow though.

Jackson State threw their ace in the 1st inning after he threw 120+ pitches on Friday. He pitched 7 1/3 against Alabama A & M and took the loss due to unearned runs. It’s pretty crazy that they threw him out there like that.

They played that game like it was game 7. I appreciated that the Canes grinder out a game like that and had their bullpen pitch the whole game.

Now that Jackson State has thrown they have everything they had out there, I’d like to see Miami put a 14-2 type win on them tomorrow though.

After 3 days rest is your bullpen day. Some guys prefer the live scrimmage or midweek game to be their session. I agree it’s surprising they let him do it this early in the year, but not unheard of in college.

After 3 days rest is your bullpen day. Some guys prefer the live scrimmage or midweek game to be their session. I agree it’s surprising they let him do it this early in the year, but not unheard of in college.

I understand that it's his bullpen day. I just did a cursory scan of teams and I found zero instances of the Friday starter pitching on Tuesday, let alone a kid who threw more than 120 pitches.

It's quite uncommon to actually appear in games.

Advertisement
Back