Jabari Ishmael question

Rocnycane

Recruit
Since his dad works at the U, does Miami have to use a scholarship on him? Or can they save one since he would get a full ride from his dad? Just curious I have no idea but with the limited scholarships it crossed my mind

Advertisement
Since his dad works at the U, does Miami have to use a scholarship on him? Or can they save one since he would get a full ride from his dad? Just curious I have no idea but with the limited scholarships it crossed my mind

Victor Ishmael has been at UM for 17 years. It is definitely POSSIBLE that his son could get tuition remission (assuming he is not officially "recruited" with an official paid on-campus visit and/or an official in-home visit), but tuition remission does not cover housing, books, or fees.

It is also possible that "Bright Futures" or "Prepaid Tuition plans" could factor in. Plus, if Victor got a degree at UM (he did his undergrad at South Carolina State), his son could get some extra cash as a UM legacy (money available to all students who are UM legacies).

Ishmael does not seem to have the social media presence of, say, a young Tathan Martell, and as a walk-on he might not even be eligible for NIL opportunities. In any event, there's no way in **** he would be able to pay housing/books/fees out of NIL money.

And people need to stop with the whole "give Victor a $50K raise" nonsense. Riiight, the NCAA has no way of tracking THAT ONE down...

I would imagine that IF tuition remission is a possibility, that Manny and the Ishmael family have already discussed this. It's not going to be some February 1, 2021 tapdance.

Advertisement
Back