J. Thomas and Hightower have Minor knee surgeries

Advertisement
Is that accurate or just recency bias? I feel like people are making this stuff up
I just threw out a number but I feel it’s pretty close to being accurate. Maybe not the last 5 years probably the last 3.

Artificial turf.

I'll be happy when we only use the IPF for rained-out/lightning-cancelled practices.

Artificial turf is a boogeyman on this board. Maybe when it first came out it had a higher rate of injury, but the advancements in materials and implementation over the years run counter to these antiquated claims that it causes injuries.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL
FIELDTURF VS NATURAL GRASS

3-year study
FieldTurf systems led to:
  • 13% Fewer Muscle Strains / Tears
  • 11% Fewer Concussions
  • 31% Fewer Ligament Tears
  • 24% less High Ankle Sprains
  • 21% Fewer Severe Injuries
  • 23% Fewer Injuries on 4-8+ Year Old Surface

3-year study

I just threw out a number but I feel it’s pretty close to being accurate. Maybe not the last 5 years probably the last 3.

I feel like it's not even close to accurate and it's closer to the average amount of injuries that accumulate during any Fall or Spring camp period. All guys being held out from some practices aren't injured. Many are just nicked up.

You really need more information about the injuries before you can start pointing fingers. There are too many variables. But still, too many injuries this spring.

Advertisement
I feel like it's not even close to accurate and it's closer to the average amount of injuries that accumulate during any Fall or Spring camp period. All guys being held out from some practices aren't injured. Many are just nicked up.
Injured/nicked up....means there is some sort of medical issue. Prove me wrong then. Count the guys that have been held out this spring for at least multiple practices.

Injured/nicked up....means there is some sort of medical issue. Prove me wrong then. Count the guys that have been held out this spring for at least multiple practices.

LOL not at all interested in doing that research. Just feel it's easy to get caught up in the moment rather than have perspective. Football is a collision sport. Guys miss practices all the time for getting nicked up. Doesn't seem like more than usual to me.

LOL not at all interested in doing that research. Just feel it's easy to get caught up in the moment rather than have perspective. Football is a collision sport. Guys miss practices all the time for getting nicked up. Doesn't seem like more than usual to me.
Definitely more than recent years. Burns, Martin, Hightower, Thomas, Steed, Wilder, maybe Ford, Jordan probably likely all done for spring. Maybe add Gaynor, Lingard, Polendey in there. I know there’s a few guys who were nursing previous injuries. I feel like in recent years there has been only a couple guys who had injuries that caused them to miss the rest of spring.

Advertisement
Definitely more than recent years. Burns, Martin, Hightower, Thomas, Steed, Wilder, maybe Ford, Jordan probably likely all done for spring. Maybe add Gaynor, Lingard, Polendey in there. I know there’s a few guys who were nursing previous injuries. I feel like in recent years there has been only a couple guys who had injuries that caused them to miss the rest of spring.

Burns was also hurt last year, Wilder has not even practiced in Spring, and Ford injured his wrist in the scrimmage, Lingard was injured last year before the IPF was even open?? People get too caught up in the turf debate, its not like the old turf days when you basically got rug burn if you fell on it, field turf is much different.

Burns was also hurt last year, Wilder has not even practiced in Spring, and Ford injured his wrist in the scrimmage, Lingard was injured last year before the IPF was even open?? People get too caught up in the turf debate, its not like the old turf days when you basically got rug burn if you fell on it, field turf is much different.
That’s why I said blame it on the IPF lol.....sarcasm behind it.

Advertisement
Artificial turf.

I'll be happy when we only use the IPF for rained-out/lightning-cancelled practices.
I’m guessing with the re-sodding of the practice fields necessitated the reliance on the IPF more than it would usually. Hope that is the case anyhow.

Advertisement
You really need more information about the injuries before you can start pointing fingers. There are too many variables. But still, too many injuries this spring.
Yeah, like I heard the guy in charge of changing out the cleats is on vacation! (Just kidding;))

Advertisement
Back