J.D. Speilman in portal

Advertisement
I said that they have similar game not production. When I say game, I mean in terms of the type of player. Keyword being “type”, like characteristics. At this stage Spielman is a better player for sure. Question is, have we seen the best of Harley? If the answer is yes, you bring Spielman in. But if you think there is another level for Harley than it would expected that he could give us what Spielman could and we don’t need him

Oh jeez man. So if Harley could transform himself into an 800/8 guy, and we could potentially have ANOTHER one of those in the rotation, your argument is "no thanks?"

Oy vey. First off, there's nothing similar about them except their physical measurables. Secondly, while I'm not giving up on Harley there's no indication he'll ever come close to being that productive, and finally, I don't recall Harley every returning a kick here, and if I'm forgetting and he has, it obviously hasn't been all the memorable. Or than that, yea.. spot-on analysis.

Oh jeez man. So if Harley could transform himself into an 800/8 guy, and we could potentially have ANOTHER one of those in the rotation, your argument is "no thanks?"

Oy vey. First off, there's nothing similar about them except their physical measurables. Secondly, while I'm not giving up on Harley there's no indication he'll ever come close to being that productive, and finally, I don't recall Harley every returning a kick here, and if I'm forgetting and he has, it obviously hasn't been all the memorable. Or than that, yea.. spot-on analysis.

The answer is yes. If Harley gives us 800 (8), we don’t need another transfer (who will throw up similar numbers) to take up a scholly. We have a real QB and a variety of talent at WR. We have other holes we could plug.

The answer is yes. If Harley gives us 800 (8), we don’t need another transfer (who will throw up similar numbers) to take up a scholly. We have a real QB and a variety of talent at WR. We have other holes we could plug.

zero point zero reason to think based on any evidence from the past three years that Harley is an 800 yard receiver. And if he’s so good and tearing up in the new system, he’ll have no problem beating this guy out right?

just never understand dudes on here that don’t want to bring in competition.

Advertisement
zero point zero reason to think based on any evidence from the past three years that Harley is an 800 yard receiver. And if he’s so good and tearing up in the new system, he’ll have no problem beating this guy out right?

just never understand dudes on here that don’t want to bring in competition.

Its not about not wanting to bring in competition, it’s about the value of a spot. Your telling me with what we have at WR, you that you would take this kid over a quality LB or CB? I’ll answer that question for you, No way

Its not about not wanting to bring in competition, it’s about the value of a spot. Your telling me with what we have at WR, you that you would take this kid over a quality LB or CB? I’ll answer that question for you, No way

sure, but find me the CB. There isn’t one. Only linebacker that was worth it was the kid from NDSU.

Advertisement
sure, but find me the CB. There isn’t one. Only linebacker that was worth it was the kid from NDSU.

I like this kids game but we don’t have enough need for a short quick WR. Now if an accomplished WR was on the market with more size and length, I would say we should go for that. Size and length is something we are missing in our WR core.

No comparison to Harley. I've seen them both play live.

JD is better.

If you watch some cutups on Twitter and YouTube, there are reasons why JD Spielman is given some poor man's Tyreek Hill comps. The way Nebraska uses him and the skill set that JD Spielman shows on tape isn't like Harley at all. I think people just see 5'9" a light slot WR and say "oh, they the same" but they aren't at all...and I think JD is a much better WR at this point.

With that said, Harley is going to eat this year...he'll be able to showcase the whole toolbox. Lets see what he's got.

From the Minnesota 247 board. Sounds like he isn't a Grad Transfer, so I'm not sure if he makes it in here.

June 10th update.

- Unless something changes, I don't see JD Spielman coming to Minnesota or any other Big Ten school. I've heard from talking with schools trying to get in that Spielman will play in a league outside of the Big Ten, so that would take Minnesota out of the mix, even though they'd love to have him. So that'd put schools in the Pac-12 or Big-12 more in play, or potentially FCS.

- I've also heard from those schools that Spielman cannot just transfer to an FCS school and be immediately eligible. He'd need a waiver to play right away at either an FBS or FCS institution, where as if he went to a D2 school, then he'd be eligible immediately.

So at whatever school he ends up at the D1 level, he'll need to get that waiver to play this fall.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless something changes, I don't see it at Minnesota.

Advertisement
As far as talent he’s a take for sure but there are too many other issues.

Academically ineligible is a red flag for us considering the narrative of how fragile our locker room and Culture was last year.

Don’t think he’s worth the trouble, especially because I think the WR’s will surprise many this year

Advertisement
He's had 170rec 2,546yds & 15TD's in 3 years...

Minnesota kid probably goes home. A duo of Rashod Bateman & Spielman would be dangerous AF in the B1G.

Plus their QB Tanner Morgan had a pheneomal Sophomore season last year.
If you could shoot me a PM. I have something Canes related.

Yall boys want every transfer...

10 Funny Death Scenes in Movies

TCU bound.
Considering they're one of only like two teams in that conference who play defense, and they picked up some nice skill position talent in Spielman and Zach Evans, TCU could be a sleeper pick for the Big 12 this year IF they can find a quarterback worth a ****.

Considering they're one of only like two teams in that conference who play defense, and they picked up some nice skill position talent in Spielman and Zach Evans, TCU could be a sleeper pick for the Big 12 this year IF they can find a quarterback worth a ****.

They seem to have faith in Max Duggan's potential. We shall see.

Advertisement
Back