Ivins Update

Did he not recruit when he flipped tecory couch from Michigan or Christian Williams from LSU/bama? People say anything nowadays
Couch was the 5th ranked corner IN THE STATE. Williams was a great pull, and one that shocked Rumph his **** self from all accounts. The CB talent at Miami can be and should be better. Honestly, the way that he manages his board is one of the biggest issues that I have.

Advertisement
Couch was the 5th ranked corner IN THE STATE. Williams was a great pull, and one that shocked Rumph his **** self from all accounts. The CB talent at Miami can be and should be better. Honestly, the way that he manages his board is one of the biggest issues that I have.
He’s only mismanaged his board this year(but there wasn’t much out there to begin with that we had realistic chances with). The cb talent can be better but that can be said from a number of positions on this team outside of maybe 1 or 2( te and rb )

brock come on now man we have struggled with cb depth as well as them not playing well this year. you can go back and see that i defended him before but man its becoming a problem.
It’s not becoming a problem, there is still time left and a whole other signing period in addition to the transfer portal. Signing brown from heritage was not solving or helping that issue whether he signed here or not

He’s only mismanaged his board this year(but there wasn’t much out there to begin with that we had realistic chances with). The cb talent can be better but that can be said from a number of positions on this team outside of maybe 1 or 2( te and rb )
The board was mismanaged last year. We just got lucky with Bama processing Williams. He beat out LSU for them late, but if not for Bama processing him then we would've been screwed. It's really not that hard to admit.

Advertisement
The board was mismanaged last year. We just got lucky with Bama processing Williams. He beat out LSU for them late, but if not for Bama processing him then we would've been screwed. It's really not that hard to admit.
It don’t matter if bama processed him or not, he was a priority for LSU and even their sports writers said rumph just beat out Corey raymond. They all predicted him to LSU that week too

Poor Recruiting? Currently Canes are at 15 ranking. Yes, we need a few more players but I wouldn't categorize the 20 commits as poor.
You can rest assured it won’t stay 15 and will be lucky to stay in the top 20. And by Miami standards that is poor recruiting! But we have dog **** coaches that couldn’t recruit the previous 3 years they’ve been here so why should we expect any different right? And even by some miracle we did land blue chips like Flowe or Washington, this staff would surely Fvck up there careers here. Garbage top to bottom, that’s our reality with manure and friends.

It don’t matter if bama processed him or not, he was a priority for LSU and even their sports writers said rumph just beat out Corey raymond. They all predicted him to LSU that week too
If you're just going to cape without acknowledging the factors, then there's no point in having the discussion. It absolutely matters that this was a kid who wasn't even on Rumph's radar until he got processed by Bama late. That shows how poorly they managed the board. Again, the fact that even in a down DB year in-state, we haven't had an expansive board all over the country this year is also bad management as well.

Advertisement
You can rest assured it won’t stay 15 and will be lucky to stay in the top 20. And by Miami standards that is poor recruiting! But we have dog **** coaches that couldn’t recruit the previous 3 years they’ve been here so why should we expect any different right? And even by some miracle we did land blue chips like Flowe or Washington, this staff would surely Fvck up there careers here. Garbage top to bottom, that’s our reality with manure and friends.
Our NC teams in '87 and '89 were built in large part on classes ranked 20-30.

I remember. JJ's first 2 or 3 classes were mediocre and disappointing.

I think it's the perfect time to move on from him

Agreed. If you have someone better. He isn’t taking a big class this year anyways but will need 3 next year. Either him, Banda or Patke got to go. Banda and Patke would be first if I was choosing. Wasted spots on the coaching staff. Next up would be Enos and Barry. This staff better have some changes as soon as the bowl ends or it’s going to get ugly

He better start logging into his 247 account and seeing who he can dig up....

needs to close with another Couch and Williams this cycle.... Clarke is nice but cant be the only dude

The opposing team only plays 2-3 WRs at a time.

Why would we need more CBs than that?

He better start logging into his 247 account and seeing who he can dig up....

needs to close with another Couch and Williams this cycle.... Clarke is nice but cant be the only dude

Advertisement
Agreed. If you have someone better. He isn’t taking a big class this year anyways but will need 3 next year. Either him, Banda or Patke got to go. Banda and Patke would be first if I was choosing. Wasted spots on the coaching staff. Next up would be Enos and Barry. This staff better have some changes as soon as the bowl ends or it’s going to get ugly
I agree in this order on defense. Patke, Banda then Rumph. None of them can croot their way out of a paper bag and the first two have done nothing with the talent they were gifted.

Advertisement
Get rid of Banda? Never.

He played his college ball at Incarnate Whogivesa****.

At least, I think that's the name of the school.

I agree in this order on defense. Patke, Banda then Rumph. None of them can croot their way out of a paper bag and the first two have done nothing with the talent they were gifted.

agreed. I don’t understand how Manny keeps these guys on his staff, most Patke, Banda.

All this talk about Rumph developing guys, but:

-Our corners, in Year 4, still have no idea how to turn and locate the ball. Whether that is a talent or coaching issues, it's on him either way

-Best corner we've had under him is MJJ, who was a late rounder and is on a practice squad. Bandy is about the same now as he was as a freshman. Jury still out on Ivey and Blades but they seem to be solid at best. Williams and Couch didn't see much time as freshman even though the guys ahead of them were mediocre.

And on top of that he sucks at recruiting and, no matter what brock or anyone else says, couldn't get his own ******* Godson or whatever to come play for him. We are ROUTINELY missing out on our top 4 or 5 options and then we mis-prioritize down the board.

Advertisement
Back