Ivins Update

It’s a whole other signing period left relax. Last year he flipped couch and Christian williams who was heading to LSU. With the national signing day period and transfer portal we will be fine. Everybody want to get on rumph but don’t say sh*t about anyone else and their mediocre (worse than rumph) recruiting
He hasnt hit on tyson campbells or Pat Surtains but hes had solid recruiting and is prob our best developer. I think people who want Rumph gone are crazy. Banda without Rumph and that secondary would have some sh*tty development

Advertisement
I like Brown's press cover skills but his offer list and rank are weak for a reason...he's an awful tackler and he's slow in a straight line so he will have issues with off-man, bail and zone coverage. You can see when he gives up inside leverage the in-breaking routes are easy completions cause he can't recover. I'm surprised Diaz and Banda were ok with recruiting him.

Losing kids like Sails to USF (balled out), not recruiting Taiwan Mullen (totally balled out at Indiana - all Big 10 Frosh), and slow playing a kid like Delancey is mind boggling. I don’t mean to derail the thread, but there really is a disconnect somewhere at recruiting CBs.

No one recruited Sails or Mullen. It's always silly when people start whining about players that no big programs wanted.

Advertisement
I wonder if Brown trending away has something to do with Rumph's job security...
How about the fact that he’s a group of 5 level cb and looking at the situation objectively of where he can play earlier(at ucf) compared to Miami that has 5 blue chip corners

Looks like we lost out on CB Davonte Brown to UCF. So only one CB in the class right now and he's converting from WR. Hopefully we can have another Christian Williams situation. I would imagine we take a grad Transfer as well

No one on the defensive staff can recruit, our best recruits have come our offensive staff both Richts and Diaz current staff. Besides Jess Simpson no one in the last 4 years could recruit. Chantz Williams our top defensive player recruit coming here because he might have some sugar in the tank. He literally said we were not in it for months until LSU/UF said no

Advertisement
No one on the defensive staff can recruit, our best recruits have come our offensive staff both Richts and Diaz current staff. Besides Jess Simpson no one in the last 4 years could recruit. Chantz Williams our top defensive player recruit coming here because he might have some sugar in the tank. He literally said we were not in it for months until LSU/UF said no
Where is this myth that Jess Simpson was a great recruiter originating?

He was absolute trash on the trail too. Got his clocked clean probably worse than anyone on the defensive staff last cycle. He lost almost every head to head match up for talent.

Advertisement
It’s a whole other signing period left relax. Last year he flipped couch who was committed to Michigan and Christian williams who was heading to LSU. They forget that though. With the national signing day period and transfer portal we will be fine. Everybody want to get on rumph but don’t say sh*t about anyone else and their mediocre (worse than rumph) recruiting
exactly why are we pressed to finish the class at the "EARLY" signing period lol if we are taking a total class of 25 we have 20 commits atm with the possibility of adding 2-3 guys by the 18th so we will have signed 85-90% of our class with 13 EE's i think we're doing an fantastic job recruiting especially with how bad the season went.

Advertisement
man ive been defending rumph but dawg at some point you HAVE to recruit. hes recruting like kul. he brings in good talent yea but legit zero depth

You can’t use the other guy is worse defense and expect to change a lot of minds.

Not worried about any of our current CBs targets signing elsewhere, I don't like any of them tbh. The whole situation at CB recruiting is just pathetic and needs to be reworked, whatever it takes, if it's firing Rumph, demoting him or hiring an analyst to help him so be it.
Couch
Williams
Ivey
Blades
Bandy
Clarke

bandy only one leaving after next year. No need to take reaches
In a position that fields 3 at the same time 6 is NOT an accepted number. Especially if you consider that 3 of the players never played meaningful snaps at the CFB level, we probably will go after some players on the portal to help with depth, but that doesn't hold a lot of promise.

man ive been defending rumph but dawg at some point you HAVE to recruit. hes recruting like kul. he brings in good talent yea but legit zero depth
Did he not recruit when he flipped tecory couch from Michigan or Christian Williams from LSU/bama? People say anything nowadays

Advertisement
Back