Ivins from 9:15 pm ( Jan. 20th) tonight on the O-line recruiting possibilities

Umfuture

Banned
Banned
"Miami isn't going to get an new offensive lineman in for the spring unless there's some major development in the 11.99999th hour. I think Miami would have liked to get one, but wouldn't be surprised if Garin Justice wants to see what he has in his room first before making a decision about what he needs in order to avoid another Tommy Kennedy situation. The staff has been in contact with two linemen that graduate in May – Vandy's Devin Cochran and Stanford's Henry Hattis."

Advertisement
"Miami isn't going to get an new offensive lineman in for the spring unless there's some major development in the 11.99999th hour. I think Miami would have liked to get one, but wouldn't be surprised if Garin Justice wants to see what he has in his room first before making a decision about what he needs in order to avoid another Tommy Kennedy situation. The staff has been in contact with two linemen that graduate in May – Vandy's Devin Cochran and Stanford's Henry Hattis."
love both Hattis and Cochran

He basically said they’re targeting Cochran because he won’t count towards the 25 because he doesn’t enroll til May. 2 to 3 spots left. Don’t rule a skill position guy they really want(Hazelton?) OT high schoolers.

PS: I don’t think the guy we’re talking about in the other “surprise” thread is a O-linemen.

Advertisement
Those are two incredibly interesting names on the OL. Instant starter at LT from an SEC team and RG from the Pac12. Moves our youth - Nelson and Clark - back into rotational roles where they'd be better served next year if we want to actually succeed.

I think Clark has a shot to be our center if we bring in a RG. And I hope we get a plug and play LT. Zion needs time to develop, and what better guy to mentor him and help bring him along, than a long time starter and stud in the SEC like Cochran.

Those are two incredibly interesting names on the OL. Instant starter at LT from an SEC team and RG from the Pac12. Moves our youth - Nelson and Clark - back into rotational roles where they'd be better served next year if we want to actually succeed.

Probably allows them both to redshirt as well; barring injuries on the OL.

Really like this approach.

Advertisement
I think Clark has a shot to be our center if we bring in a RG. And I hope we get a plug and play LT. Zion needs time to develop, and what better guy to mentor him and help bring him along, than a long time starter and stud in the SEC like Cochran.
Gaynor has the C spot on lock for as long as he's here.

Disagree. Nobody on the line has their spot on “lock” they all sucked and we’re all confused last year. It’s wide open heading into the new year.
You may be right but Gaynor most likely is not losing that spot. Odds are heavily in his favor.

LT: Cochran, Nelson (redshirt, if possible)
LG: Donaldson OR Campbell
C: Gaynor, Clark
RG: Hattis, Clark
RT: Scaife, Rivers (redshirt, if possible)

That would actually be a decent OL if we could find a way to pull that off.

Advertisement
You may be right but Gaynor most likely is not losing that spot. Odds are heavily in his favor.

Donaldson will not be starting this yr, I can promise you that. Scaife, Cleveland, Ousman, Campbell will see to that

Donaldson better lose some serious weight if he ever wants to play in this offense....

Advertisement

Anyone who knows what Gaynor brings to the table as a center knows he will never lose that spot. His reply wasn't even worth responding to.

Disagree. Nobody on the line has their spot on “lock” they all sucked and we’re all confused last year. It’s wide open heading into the new year.
Absolutely no one on this team has anything on lock except Greg. That’s it end of story. And don’t give me that McCloud stuff. If he’s sucks get him off the field

Advertisement
Back