I've just glimpsed into my crystal ball

streetja

UM HC: Miami Natives Only 😎
And it's not pretty. Let me share with you our future.

The ACC coastal is so bad and our team is propped up by enough talent here and there that there's no 58-0 beatdown on the horizon to trigger an automatic firing. Instead, we face death by a thousand paper cuts. And by paper cuts I mean we still lose every single one of our games, but we lose in a non-emasculating fashion -- which are W's in the BOT's eyes.

Losses to NCST and Pitt will be met with enthusiasm by the BOT, the GT loss will finally let the buzzards take flight, and once we lose to FSU will the axe finally come down. By that time we will be 2-8 and things have gotten so bad that not only will the BOT bring to a close the Mindy Project, but they will also put out to pasture Ol' Yeller, aka Bake Sale Blake.

All this means that on November 13, two weeks before the season ends and one month before early signing day, will it finally dawn on our beloved County Club masquerading as a University that not only is it DEFCON 1, but Washington DC has been nuked 13 times already. And to help rebuild the capitol, we will have a gigantic power vacuum and not one but TWO pivotal positions inside our Athletic Department.

Mark my words, we will only get rid of Blake and Manny after it's long overdue and we will fire them in tandem. From there we will have no plan, no strategy, no idea how to rescue the football program, let alone hire a head coach. We will either panic and promote Lashlee the same day, or announce a HC in June 2022 because we are that far behind schedule.

Brace yourselves CIS, nuclear winter is coming.

Advertisement
No GIF

Advertisement

The ACC coastal is so bad and our team is propped up by enough talent here and there that there's no 58-0 beatdown on the horizon to trigger an automatic firing. Instead, we face death by a thousand paper cuts. And by paper cuts I mean we still lose every single one of our games, but we lose in a non-emasculating fashion -- which are W's in the BOT's eyes.

Losses to NCST and Pitt will be met with enthusiasm by the BOT, the GT loss will finally let the buzzards take flight, and once we lose to FSU will the axe finally come down. By that time we will be 2-8 and things have gotten so bad that not only will the BOT bring to a close the Mindy Project, but they will also put out to pasture Ol' Yeller, aka Bake Sale Blake.

All this means that on November 13, two weeks before the season ends and one month before early signing day, will it finally dawn on our beloved County Club masquerading as a University that not only is it DEFCON 1, but Washington DC has been nuked 13 times already. And to help rebuild the capitol, we will have a gigantic power vacuum and not one but TWO pivotal positions inside our Athletic Department.

Mark my words, we will only get rid of Blake and Manny after it's long overdue and we will fire them in tandem. From there we will have no plan, no strategy, no idea how to rescue the football program, let alone hire a head coach. We will either panic and promote Lashlee the same day, or announce a HC in June 2022 because we are that far behind schedule.

I keep telling myself no, no we will be fine. Many posters are saying the search for a HC is already underway by knowledgeable people (?) and I want to believe. Although it is not how it normally works in the real world.

But knowing how slow and reactive this administration is and from my experience following this program for very long time...........I fear you are right.

Advertisement
That Pitt game isn’t gonna be close. It’ll take a miracle to stay within 2 scores. They lead the nation in scoring.

I looked into my empty glass of bourbon and saw…… that I needed more bourbon. I’ve given up on guessing when or who or how with the UM administration. I would agree that this team doesn't have many wins in it the rest of the year. Manny’s runnin’ on fumes with freshmans’ driving the bus. Not Good.

Advertisement
He’s right. The powers that be are clinging to “we can still beat FSU!” They think because of Manny’s record against the Noles he can still save the fanbase and the donor interest. The suits have no clue.

if we get *** raped by State (and i dont see any way we dont get *** raped) next week, he will absolutely be gone.

I bet this week Blake will be forced to make a statement of some kind, most likely the kiss of death for any coach on the hotseat.

"Manny Diaz is our head football coach and he will continue to have our support throughout the rest of this season, and beyond."

Bank on it.

I keep telling myself no, no we will be fine. Many posters are saying the search for a HC is already underway by knowledgeable people (?) and I want to believe. Although it is not how it normally works in the real world.

But knowing how slow and reactive this administration is and from my experience following this program for very long time...........I fear you are right.
Excuse me for going off of TWENTY YEARS OF PRECEDENT

Advertisement

But. but... but....

doesn't Blake have some mystical support and is an amazing fund raiser while stabbing billionaire BoT members in the back yet they still keep him around???

if we get *** raped by State (and i dont see any way we dont get *** raped) next week, he will absolutely be gone.

I bet this week Blake will be forced to make a statement of some kind, most likely the kiss of death for any coach on the hotseat.

"Manny Diaz is our head football coach and he will continue to have our support throughout the rest of this season, and beyond."

Bank on it.
The thing is, we have enough talented young and hungry players that I don't believe we will be blown out by any team on our schedule this year. Players who are not yet tainted by Manny's culture. Add to that the ACC sucks this year. We could easily lose every game on our schedule but it won't be a blow out.

Ok, it might not play out like OP states, but he pretty darn close captures the spirit of what’s happening. Could it play out differently? **** yeah. Is it? Depends on powers that be.

Advertisement
Back