Ivan Smith transferring

Spookcane

EL PUMA
My close source has told me that Ivan Smith is transferring to South Dade.

Apparently, Amir Rasul keeps telling people close to him that he is leaning towards heading back to Columbus sometime in May.

Not sure if Ivan's decision to transfer is solely based on the rumors about Amir coming back, but i like Ivan a lot. This kid is a football player!

Advertisement
Had just saw that, found it odd that he's leaving Columbus. He's from the Homestead area and he's very close to the Mullins family. I think he's cousins with them or something.

South Dade just got a big weapon for their offense.

I had mentioned this before but transfer season is coming up, interested to see what schools pluck players out from other schools.

Interesting on Rasul, I figured maybe he would transfer to Booker T like he wanted to last year, but the whole Walton situation screwed it up.

that rasul kid rubs me the wrong way he seems like a double minded kid, i wouldn't be shocked if he transfers a few times in college

that rasul kid rubs me the wrong way he seems like a double minded kid, i wouldn't be shocked if he transfers a few times in college

Actually he seems focus to me. He's just playing the game. He is setting himself up with a few back up plans just like this staff continues to recruit players at his position. The kid has his head on straight. I don't see why you would think he would transfer from a few schools?

If Rasul goes back to COLUMBUS, I'll be soo excited he's clearly better than Ivan.. I am an Alumnus and while Ivan's a beast he's just too skinny he disappeared in the State title game (I was there) and he doesn't pack a big frame.. Rasul's a big kid who runs like a cheetah.. But I'm worried about how COMMITTED he really is to The Canes

Advertisement
big fan of this kid. but doesn't seem to be on UM's radar. there are a few kids ahead of him.

Advertisement
If Rasul goes to Columbus I will like our chances to keep him even less. Lets hope rasul doesnt make that move.

HS free agency, gotta love it.

I wonder if this HS free agency musical chair happens more often in South Florida... ?

I cannot speak for everywhere but in western NY you either play for the district you live in or you can go to a private Catholic school. They are even trying to prevent that as they are talking about passing rules that you have to sit out a year if you transfer to a school part way through High School. It is meant to prevent recruiting of top athletes to the private schools but seems it would punish a kid who has to move because his/her family moved. One way around the district thing would be to live with a relative in the other district and have them be your guardian. Honestly through we do not see the moving around you guys see down there the vast majority just play for the district they live in and that is it.

If Rasul goes to Columbus I will like our chances to keep him even less. Lets hope rasul doesnt make that move.

I don't know about that.. Merritt's not an anti miami guy.. I would think his chances would be better it's up to Rasul how much he wants to be a Cane the coaches won't sway him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are there no rules in FL where kids can't play sports for a semester after transferring? I boggles my mind every year reading how kids transfer high schools in FL. I'm from Michigan and when kids start at a school, they don't transfer. MAYBE one time during their 4 years. Not saying anything is wrong with it it's just odd to read about it all the time on this board.

Advertisement
Back