It's Time...

CaneinBroward

Recruit
The hiring of Manny is an obvious mistake. Yes, I know many of you had already reached that conclusion and I applaud you for the quickness of your decision-making. However, for even the most patient of us fans (myself included) who like to see an entire season to judge a coach, Manny is not the guy. He just does not have the respect of the players to bring "it" to every game. Being a first year coach, you expect him to make mistakes, but improve as the year goes on. It appeared that Manny had begun to make that turn in the 3 game win streak, the last 2 being blowouts. However, with the lack of effort (aside from the asinine sideline dancing) it appears the team couldn't care less about showing up every week and that is on the coach.

I was worried about it in the offseason when image and marketing seemed to be of utmost importance to this staff (TNM, new turnover chain, TD rings, etc.), but it has fully manifested itself on the field as well where the team seems more focused on strutting and dancing than making actual plays to justify the strutting and dancing. Manny, you had your chance and it appeared you had learned your lesson after the GT game with the team's improved play late against Pitt and then blowing out FSU and Louisville, but losing to FIU is totally unacceptable - especially after losing to GT, UNC, barely beating CMU, and imploding against VT. You need to go. You should have stuck with going to Temple where you would have had a much longer leash to make the kinds of mistakes you have made here and possibly develop into a quality head coach.

Blake James needs to go as well. He gets blasted on here and rightfully so, however, I do acknowledge that he had some accomplishments as AD - he was a steadying hand during the NCAA investigation when 2 other ADs left quickly during it, the building of the Schwartz Center, and the IPF. However, after 6 years at the helm, the football program continues to be a middling team, the baseball program has regressed from being one of the premier teams in the country, and the basketball program has gone from an ACC champion to again not qualifying for the NCAA tournament.

Bring in a quality AD who will fix the athletic department from the malaise it is currently in. Blake thank you for the facilities and infrastructure, but it is time we parted ways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back