It's the o-line

Humphrey

Band
Banned
We recruited garbage at that position ever since Stoutland left.

Yeah Kaaya could be playing better.... but the fact is he's rattled because he has lost faith in the offensive line. He's hurrying throws and playing scared. I've seen it happen to many quarterbacks.

Sorry, but you recruit 3 star dudes from Delaware that the local teams didn't want and this is what you get.

As far as I'm concerned, we only have 1 offensive lineman committed, and that's Donaldson. The other two are jags.

You can blame playcalling too but that's just a cop out for the fans. Not a play in the world that can scheme around a garbage o-line. Our offense was garbage last year too, remember that.

Name me one good team in the history of football that had trash for an offensive line? You can't and there are none.

Advertisement
Bless you. Nailed it. We have no talent on OLine. It would take a top coach (similar to kuligowski for OL) to turn these guys around. Pressure is coming every single play. I think I saw 1/2 plays where they made a quality pocket. Enough with all the skill position players getting recruited. OL is the BIGGEST NEED, the staff needs to have at least 2 OL visiting EVERY GAME! They need to make sure they sign 5+ linemen. Keep Hillery because of Deejay, but drop dykstra. Get them one way or another.

Donaldson
Slaton
Leon Herbert
Chandler
Telfort
Hillery or Avery

Last edited:
The ol actually pass blocked pretty well . Last play was bad but Unc didn't get a lot of pressure . Which explains why their d is so bad.

It's more than the ol. It's inconsistent qb with some suspect play calling

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, they need to get some legit, elite, game-changing dudes who can come in and help us NEXT YEAR. That means 5 star dudes, that means Jucos.

And they need to take a hard look and see if they can upgrade the offensive line coach, if possible. What is Stoutland doing these days anyway? That dude was good.

It is 100% NOT the OLINE - anyone that thinks this OLINE is to blame for that last fumble is out of their mind.

100% Kaaya's terrible feet. Slowest feet and WORST pocket presence I've ever seen.

Read this: Move The Sticks notebook: Scouts doubting Miami's Brad Kaaya - NFL.com

He's not a mobile quarterback but neither was Ken Dorsey. Do I think he's a first-rounder? **** no. Not close. If he thinks he's gonna get beautiful, perfect pockets in the NFL he's in for something.

Kaaya's problem is he's not mobile and... something I haven't heard mentioned.... he's a SLOW decision maker. Everything about that kid is slow... his legs and his head. But that's not something you can fix. His footwork is something you can fix.

But let me ask you this - what do you do about the QB position? The offensive line can be fixed. Just recruit really well and bring in better talent this offseason and we're good. What are you gonna do about the QB position that we haven't already done? We have Nkosi Perry lined up who is a better fit for Richt's system. So what are we supposed to do for the rest of this year and next year?

Kaaya's problems are not really something a coach can fix. A coach can't make you more instinctual. Maybe he can help you out with footwork a little bit but that's it. Kaaya understands the offense, he just isn't very good at running it.

We have some of the funniest OL apologist in CFB in our fanbase. Our OL is straight up garbage and has been since the early 2000's. Anyone who claims the OL "isn't that bad" isn't paying attention. With that said, Richt's play calling exacerbates the situation. He insists on trying to establish a power run game and rarely uses the middle of the field on passing plays.

Advertisement
Back