It's the Coordinators Stupid

Jax Cane

Junior
Everyone getting all lathered up about who are next coach will be and rightfully so.

The real question is who will each HC candidate bring in as Offense and Defense Coordinators. Miami's biggest fail over the past 10 years has been the woeful O and D coordinators each head coach has brought in. I mean Patrick Nix, Mark Doritos, Coley etc etc. WOAT!!!!

Also, we need a real strength and conditioning coach, who that will be is of paramount consideration. Swasey sucks out loud and i don't care how many NFL alums come back in the winter to work out with him, i am sick of watching our sh$t get pushed in at the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Give me a Head Coach that can recruit his **** off with some dynamic coordinators and i will be good...so Bring Butch Freaking Davis back!!! Butch will bring stud coordinators. Go get Tommy Moffit back as well!!!

Advertisement
No, it isn't. The concern is the HC. Then we can move down the line to a lesser issue (i.e his staff).

The OP makes a valid point in a bubble. Nobody really buying that Michigan gets turned around so quick by simply hiring DJ Durkin and Tim Drevno this year though. Gimme a competent CEO first and then "trust the process".

Jimmy Johnson got A$$ raped his first year with a loaded team. Next year he changed D Coordinator and looked what happened? Butch Davis did the same thing i believe in 99. Same coaches, different coordinators, different results.

Advertisement
Butch has a long reach for staff. He may reach into D1AA and the NFL for staff. Not my first choice, but he will win and he likely allows for a budget that can pay coordinators $1M each. My guess he'd have a Petrino like contract.

Advertisement
Tommy moffit isn't here b/c his wife loves it at lsu. He's not coming back.

ok, I get that 5X, but lets bring in some fresh blood then, someone that wants to prove a point! I feel Swasey is too comfortable. I don't really put much into former players input, their buddies with swasey, obviously their pushing for their friend to stay. There has to be some accountability on his performance!! we need new vision in every hire.

Butch kept John Shoop for 4 years.

Lmao at the OP.

JJ brought Wannstedt in 1986 and looked what happened...Butch brought Schiano in 1999 and dumped Bill Miller and then what happened Thread Killer?

Who was Butches Offensive coordinator at the U and where is he now Thread Killa? LMAO off at your weak John Shoop reference from the Tar heel days. I think Shoop beat us though didnt he...LMAO

Lmao at the OP.

JJ brought Wannstedt in 1986 and looked what happened...Butch brought Schiano in 1999 and dumped Bill Miller and then what happened Thread Killer?

Who was Butches Offensive coordinator at the U and where is he now Thread Killa? LMAO off at your weak John Shoop reference from the Tar heel days. I think Shoop beat us though didnt he...LMAO

Don't compare Butch to Jimmy.

1999? Lost to East Carolina for a second time.

Look at UNC's offensive ranks under John Shoop.

Butch built the greatest team in history so i will compare him to Jimmy all i want. LMAO at you bringing up East Carolina in 99.

Advertisement

Lmao at the OP.

You beating your chest over Butch having Coker as his OC? LULZ

Advertisement
Everyone getting all lathered up about who are next coach will be and rightfully so.

The real question is who will each HC candidate bring in as Offense and Defense Coordinators. Miami's biggest fail over the past 10 years has been the woeful O and D coordinators each head coach has brought in. I mean Patrick Nix, Mark Doritos, Coley etc etc. WOAT!!!!

Also, we need a real strength and conditioning coach, who that will be is of paramount consideration. Swasey sucks out loud and i don't care how many NFL alums come back in the winter to work out with him, i am sick of watching our sh$t get pushed in at the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Give me a Head Coach that can recruit his **** off with some dynamic coordinators and i will be good...so Bring Butch Freaking Davis back!!! Butch will bring stud coordinators. Go get Tommy Moffit back as well!!!

This^^^^^^

Advertisement
Back