It's Quite Simple:

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
Georgia Tech - were supposed to lose - but they wanted the win more than we did.

North Carolina - they clearly wanted to win more than we did, and played harder than we did.

This team doesn't know HOW to win - or doesn't fight hard enough to win.

All the parts are there - but are not fully assembled.

New staff - new players - but they're not working like fingers on a hand - and allow themselves to get pushed around due to their lack of burn to just win.

Great teams - fight like the ****ens to win - and I'm not seeing that yet.

Yes, coaching mistakes, yes, player mistakes - but everyone makes mistakes - they just overcome them with internal fight.

Game Day coaching is balls-out adverse. If coaches aren't willing to go for it all out - how can we expect the players to?

We play too tight - too restricted - too mistake adverse.

Loosen up, let them have fun getting after it, and the players will respond.

Gotta allow a bit of Mississippi Riverboat Gambler freedom - and if we still lose - then it was done playing full out!

But losing while holding the reins too tight is just one big wagon load of BS.

Advertisement
Doesn't know how to win?
Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Doesn't know how to win?
Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Not exactly true. We're not playing to win the game - but more like playing to not lose - a big difference.

You have a racehorse - you let him run, encourage him to run. Or get a nag and stay in the pasture.

You have to make it exciting to play here. Like we used to.

You are in the military and attack a certain place a certain way - and your guys get stopped immediately - and then the same thing the second time - you don't keep attacking the same way. You drop that play for the rest of the fight.

We're too conservative and too limited in our approach to the game.

Take Restropo. He's out there playing like a wild man - and he's the one that consistently delivers. But covered by two or more - now he's a distraction one should take advantage of.

But we didn't. We wasted more downs on the runs that weren't working - it was a crime.

Defense - no shifting around, no trying to confuse the offense - just reminded me of days recently past.

What are we willing to do - to win?

So far - not much. Work is good - but work isn't the answer here. You can't work through playing by rote.

EDIT: I just saw another thread title - NO EMOTION.

That's largely what I'm speaking of. Bain has emotion. Retrepo, and others - but as a team - we're flat as a pool table.

Players - AND Coaches.

Advertisement
Back