It's Official - Joyner Officially a Linebacker

Advertisement
The maaf looked big and rangy in the spring game. Zack McCloud better watch out. Even begs the question.

Will the defensive staff give Joyner more burn this year than McCloud on the basis of trying to groom Joyner?

The move to DE was out of necessity. Harvey had a great showing during the spring, and regardless of how much potential we all thought the young man had, no one predicted the type of spring that he ended up having. Also, Patchen remained healthy throughout the spring and proved himself to be a valuable asset; once again, that was a bit unpredictable heading into the spring.

The combination of the previous mentioned two DE's adding value on the D-Line, and the fact that we have had some unfortunate injuries at LB, justifies the Joyner move back to LB. I always thought that he was a bit of a hybrid LB/DE. Now that he can focus exclusively on LB, there is no doubt that he will provide quality depth this year.

Advertisement
Somebody threw out the idea of redshirting McCloud this year. I know we are crazy thin at LB but **** I would love to do that. We could have a solid core next season. Smh. Wishful thinking.

I would seriously think about RS McCloud barring injury to Shaq and Pinck.. that wrist has been an issue forever. If Jennings comes back with Joyner and the 2 Frosh. That’s plenty of LB’s when we only play 2 at a time.. McCloud would bring a veteran presence for next year..

Advertisement
The move to DE was out of necessity. Harvey had a great showing during the spring, and regardless of how much potential we all thought the young man had, no one predicted the type of spring that he ended up having. Also, Patchen remained healthy throughout the spring and proved himself to be a valuable asset; once again, that was a bit unpredictable heading into the spring.

The combination of the previous mentioned two DE's adding value on the D-Line, and the fact that we have had some unfortunate injuries at LB, justifies the Joyner move back to LB. I always thought that he was a bit of a hybrid LB/DE. Now that he can focus exclusively on LB, there is no doubt that he will provide quality depth this year.
Hill will start opposite of Garvin

Kid looked like a LB in the clips I saw from the spring game. Was actually pleasantly surprised with his play.

Advertisement

hopefully he doing this at the end of august

Advertisement
Hill will start opposite of Garvin
There is a good chance that you are right. I just think Rousseau is an absolute freak. Considering that Hill won't be arriving until the summer, Rousseau already has a major head start of being in the system. Again, it's a good chance that you are right, but I'd say that it is an even greater chance that Rousseau gets the nod of 08/24.

Hill has 11.5 sacks in 29 career games. He's an exciting addition but won't walk in here this summer and immediately be our best DE.

Advertisement
Back