Its Obvious To Me...

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman
That clearly something is going drastically wrong behind the scenes and in the locker room. Between this horrible recruiting class and all the rumors about kids transferring cant just be about us going 7-5. A 7-5 season alone shouldnt have The University of Miami having to resort to having to literally take plan D kids. Mork has lost this team and I think Thomas Brown was hinting at these issues early on in his interviews.

Advertisement
So.. in the words of every UGA fan that warned us about Richt, Richt once again has lost control of the program? I'm shocked.

Advertisement
That clearly something is going drastically wrong behind the scenes and in the locker room. Between this horrible recruiting class and all the rumors about kids transferring cant just be about us going 7-5. A 7-5 season alone shouldnt have The University of Miami having to resort to having to literally take plan D kids. Mork has lost this team and I think Thomas Brown was hinting at these issues early on in his interviews.

I’ll give credit where it’s due, @dsddcane told me back in October this was happening behind the scenes. Kids and parents were not happy with this staff. Transfers were coming. He has been on point about everything he has shared with me. Something is definitely wrong.

Everybody has transfers. The bigger issue was the number of decommits we had and the way the staff reacted to it.

It looks like they were sold on, then blindsided by the kids who decomitted. Maybe it's due to inexperience, maybe it's because they've previously had success keeping the majority of their committed guys.

Either way, they got caught flat footed, then had to scramble to mend other relationships they had done a poor job of maintaining.

I live in Georgia and I was cringing when we hired Mark. He bleeds Red and Black. He loved Georgia and Athens and would have stayed there until the end, just like Bobby, Frank, Phillip Fulmer, etc ... He was devastated when he got fired and I don't care what anyone says, he was caught off guard by it and it rocked him to his core. He expected to retire there as "the man" right behind Vince Dooley. I really don't think he would have ever coached again if he had actually taken a year off to think things over. He got caught up in the emotion of being fired and when some schools started calling, his ego and his feelings took over. He wasn't thinking straight and saw this as his best chance to get back at the school who fired him and the people who doubted him. He was done when he left UGA and everyone who could see it objectively knew it. The sting of him being fired is what made him say yes to this job and the realization that he is not cut out for it is what is making him double down on all his poor decisions, including his decision to take the job in the first place. I guarantee you he walks away before he gets fired. When he finally accepts that his time has passed and he realizes that staying on is more embarrassing than quitting and admitting that this whole endeavor was a mistake he will gracefully exit. The only questions is when he has that epiphany. My guess is the end of the 2020 season.

Advertisement
I live in Georgia and I was cringing when we hired Mark. He bleeds Red and Black. He loved Georgia and Athens and would have stayed there until the end, just like Bobby, Frank, Phillip Fulmer, etc ... He was devastated when he got fired and I don't care what anyone says, he was caught off guard by it and it rocked him to his core. He expected to retire there as "the man" right behind Vince Dooley. I really don't think he would have ever coached again if he had actually taken a year off to think things over. He got caught up in the emotion of being fired and when some schools started calling, his ego and his feelings took over. He wasn't thinking straight and saw this as his best chance to get back at the school who fired him and the people who doubted him. He was done when he left UGA and everyone who could see it objectively knew it. The sting of him being fired is what made him say yes to this job and the realization that he is not cut out for it is what is making him double down on all his poor decisions, including his decision to take the job in the first place. I guarantee you he walks away before he gets fired. When he finally accepts that his time has passed and he realizes that staying on is more embarrassing than quitting and admitting that this whole endeavor was a mistake he will gracefully exit. The only questions is when he has that epiphany. My guess is the end of the 2020 season.

No way he lasts two more years. No way in ****. He will be ridiculed and embarrassed by the fanbase and community to extremes and measures he has never experiences before. I don't see it, unless he makes serious changes immediately. Things are going to get worse "if" we lose to Wisky.

They will become exponentially worse "if" we lose to Florida.

He will not last.

It's just insane to me that everyone with half a brain can see the changes he needs to make and instead he just doubles down on his bad decisions further. I know the staff are all "yes men" but aren't there former Canes, BOT, friends/mentors outside of UM, etc. that are giving him real advice? Man is either stubborn to the core and will be his downfall or honestly has a health problem..Sad honestly and ***** this program for 3-4 more years

No way he lasts two more years. No way in ****. He will be ridiculed and embarrassed by the fanbase and community to extremes and measures he has never experiences before. I don't see it, unless he makes serious changes immediately. Things are going to get worse "if" we lose to Wisky.

He will not last.

He clearly gives ZERO ***** what the fanbase thinks and we all know Blake James (who just gave Richt a massive extension and now has a 15-20M+ buyout) will not force him to change. Only chance he gets fired is a 5 win or less season. And the WORST ******* part is the truth is the team still has enough talent and our schedule is so ****** (outside of UF who will spank us) that i can easily see a 8-9 win season next year postponing this death spiral further. holy **** we are ******* E D

If he finishes next season with a 9-3 record, he will remain and coach during 2020. An 8-4 record might even entice him back, but anything less and he resigns.

Also, if he loses to UF next year, the negativity will grow exponentially and the team will probably fold during the remainder of the season.

I doubt that he is the coach during the 2020 season. He would need to field a top-30 offense next year, and that is not going to happen.

Advertisement
Mork committed career suicide by not hiring an OC . Not only is it obvious that he needs to be gone, but not sure how/why ANYONE would ever hire him again for anything related to football.

Imagine if this dumb ************ had demoted his son and fired Thomas Brown and hired

David Yost as OC-QBC
Marcus Lattimore as RBC

and hired Corey Raymond to replace Diaz
And then hire a veteran LB coach

Thanks for connecting the dots for us.

Hard to argue with that 🙄

Advertisement
Richt and his offensive lost respect of some of the most talented players on the offense. That's what happened. It started with Rosier/Perry **** show. Nobody really thought it was an issue because we lucked up into a 10-win season last year, but you already had a locker room divided with winning covering it up. This year, teams took away the obvious 3-5yd passing game, stacked the box, and dared our QB's to make a throw, and our coach to switch it up. Neither happened, and embarrassing losses came also removing the cover from the divided locker room.

So now the coaches don't know what to do except for what they know, and the players aren't happy because half of them aren't getting what they wanted, and aren't playing either. So, What happens? You bench, redshirt, or sparingly use the disgruntled players who happen to be very vocal (ex: JT4), and you play the ones that just shutup and play even if they should NOT be on the field because they aren't ready(D.Wiggins). You do this because you have two choices. You can bend to the disgruntled and risk looking weak and emboldening other disgruntled players, or you can go a different direction with the whole "I'm in charge, we will win or lose doing this my way", basically saying "**** this season, we will clean house and try again next year".

He will not last.

The complete collapse of recruiting bad loss of the locker room has lite the funeral pryers. Losing to WI again and then to gators, who even Al Golden beat, could get Mark thrown onto them.

Advertisement
Back