It's not rocket science

Eyedoctor2

Redshirt Freshman
bluechips.jpg

From: ACC hires like Mark Richt, Justin Fuente should boost conference's recruiting

Advertisement
Get the right DC playing the right defense and those numbers change big. Local defensive stars will stay home more if they can play something they are good at.

Get the right DC playing the right defense and those numbers change big. Local defensive stars will stay home more if they can play something they are good at.

To me that's not the infuriating part...how many of those teams way lower beat Miami over that stretch? Some were multiple times!

To me that's not the infuriating part...how many of those teams way lower beat Miami over that stretch? Some were multiple times!

This^^^^^

That right there is the truly embarrassing stat.

UNC and Duke have played for the title the last few years and we ain't done **** with way more talent. Flat out embarrassing and appalling.

Advertisement

This^^^^^

That right there is the truly embarrassing stat.

UNC and Duke have played for the title the last few years and we ain't done **** with way more talent. Flat out embarrassing and appalling.

Let's hope Mark stay true to his comment about wanting old school Miami type defenses and picks the right DC.

Star ratings don't really matter if the class disintegrations after it arrives on campus. 10 out of the 20 kids signed in 2011 were gone within 2 years. 6 out of the 18 kids signed were gone within 12 months.

Star ratings don't really matter if the class disintegrations after it arrives on campus. 10 out of the 20 kids signed in 2011 were gone within 2 years. 6 out of the 18 kids signed were gone within 12 months.

Attrition is death in any endeavor

Advertisement
It cray how inaccurate the star rating is.

Stars are given for what a player has done and what tools they posses. People who give the rankings aren't f**king Nostradamus, they don't know which kids will progress and which won't. They have no idea which kids will fail academically or get homesick. Ed Reed wasn't EdD REED in HS, so let's stop with the accounts of 3* kids who were great and 5* kids who were busts.

The best gauge of future success we have at this point is the star system.

Except if you're Vietnamese, in which case you win despite the fact that each of you were killed 13 times. So, despite being on the wrong end of amazing kill ratios, you win.

But, I digress.

You're looking at the wrong rankings. The "life success" ranking has Miami at #1 .

It cray how inaccurate the star rating is.

Seems accurate to me. I'm guessing the 3 teams at the top had the most players drafted into the NFL over that span. The list can't measure coaching incompetence

Advertisement

Except if you're Vietnamese, in which case you win despite the fact that each of you were killed 13 times. So, despite being on the wrong end of amazing kill ratios, you win.

But, I digress.

Those little suckers were admirably resistant to the concept, but in the end they had had enough anyway. Walking down jungle path in nowhere only to have the entire jungle explode from 52 attack and living underground took its toll on them. It was our homeland's unwillingness to take much less attrition that gave them the leverage necessary to be there after we left to retake the whole deal. Otherwise, work the numbers if we invade the north. Germans didn't give up until almost ever male between 15 and 60 were dead either. Viets wold have cried uncle too, or at least uncle ho.

That said, two places to leave alone in this world are Nam and frigging Afghanistan. Viets pitched the **** out, then the French , and then held out until we took our ball and went home. And Afghanistan, anyone who doesn't know better than to get into that should be shot -- so Bush and Obama, who thought THAT was the right war.

How many of those kids were 4 and 5 star that the illustration speaks to? Al and co certainly had enough talent that guys were drafted or started playing better once they got away from the coaching. no way should they ever have gone 6-7....no ****** way

How many of those kids were 4 and 5 star that the illustration speaks to? Al and co certainly had enough talent that guys were drafted or started playing better once they got away from the coaching. no way should they ever have gone 6-7....no ****in way

Other than Jean-Louis none were 4 or 5 stars. But so what most of the 10 that stayed weren't either? No team can be successful when attrition is 33% to 50% within 24 months of kids arriving on campus. Remember Hope, Hoilett, Dortch, Dillard, Briscoe, Blue, Terry, Lockhart, Carter? All gone rather quickly.

Who actually has played better since they got to the NFL? Posters like to use Luther Robinson or Marcus Forston as prime examples. Well both are long gone from the NFL and Robinson had 2 career tackles and I believe Forston had 1. Perryman finally secured a starting job with the Chargers. The kid was first team All-ACC and 3rd team All-American. Duke is doing his thing on 3rd downs with the Browns. Armbrister actually improved every year he was in Miami. He's still 2nd string in Jacksonville. I love Chick. He was a good player for Miami. And yes, he would have been better suited in a 4-3 in college. But he's 3rd string in Pittsburgh and he's playing OLB in a 3-4. Who knows if he'll make any real impact in the league?

This is not to defend Golden and his staff. He was absolutely horrible and deserved to be canned. A well coached team doesn't finish at the bottom in penalties and third down conversations. Miami was one of the most undisciplined teams in the nation. Terrible recruiting was a large component of their demise. This nonsense that he was a good recruiter is nonsense. Richt doesn't even have to do a great job recruiting, just good, to consistently win 10-games a year if we are well-coached. Great recruiting makes Miami a perennial national title contender.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back