It's not just "size" we need

SF: Considering the speed available in the tri-county area and how heavily Golden has recruited said area, I don't see us ever being a slow team. An interesting point though ...

Advertisement
It's true enough that in Florida, and even south Florida we have some slow kids.

But none of them are playing football.

They're hanging out at the Chucky Cheese.

I agree. There is no such thing as a quick or athletic lineman, LB, DE, DT etc... "up north."

I mean all these guys are straight ahead road graders with no ability move around. All these guys do is beat up on people just as "slow" as they are, then they get exposed when they play a "fast" team.

Why would Golden want to recruit any linemen, LB's, DT's etc... from up north? I don't want to be PSU south!

Silly rabbit. Football players can be found ANYWHERE! Speed can be found anywhere. Here is a new concept. If a player if big and slow DONT ****EN RECRUIT THE *******!!!

If the kid is big, fast, athletic, and has football sense SIGN THE ******* UP TO A SCHOLARSHIP!!! That sir is how you recruit. You scour the earth if you have to for the best available talent regardless of where they live.

So ummm yeah I don't think Golden is trying to become a big slow team. Dude knows what it takes to be successful he has eyes and a brain. UM needs some girth and physicality to the team. I'm tired of getting pushed all over the field.

We need to get a lot faster and lot more athletic. That's what Miami teams were built upon. LSU actually has some small guys on their DL but they are tough and they are fast. We are not very fast, not tough at all, and not technically sound. That goes for both offense and defense. Until those things change, we can opt to obtain a bunch of guys who can lift more and they'll be Harland Gunn. We need fast, tough football players. On the offensive line I'd actually argue that we need to get smaller if anything size-wise.

We need to get a lot faster and lot more athletic. That's what Miami teams were built upon. LSU actually has some small guys on their DL but they are tough and they are fast. We are not very fast, not tough at all, and not technically sound. That goes for both offense and defense. Until those things change, we can opt to obtain a bunch of guys who can lift more and they'll be Harland Gunn. We need fast, tough football players. On the offensive line I'd actually argue that we need to get smaller if anything size-wise.

I think we are fast, but yeah we definitely aren't tough. If you ask our guys to run a 40, I think they can do well, but if you ask them to make an explosive, aggressive play on the ball, that's where you see LSU seperate themselves from us.

Even the DLinemen explode towards the ballcarrier, and that's not just talent, that's toughness and desire.

So far Perryman is the only one showing that consistantly, with Chick showing flashes.

Advertisement
I'll say it again: I fear that coach Golden will turn us into Penn State. A program filled with big, bulky, middle income kids from nice families that can go 9-2 every year and get blown by the SEC teams they play due to a complete lack of speed.

How in the world do you see this happening? We recruit from the speed-rich state of Florida. We're not trying to trot out a bunch of hulking behemoths at the skill positions.

Advertisement
Back