It's not going to be Applewhite

LOL it is and will be applewhite . They are getting the whole offensive staff together before announcing it .

Advertisement
It doesn't make any sense that applewhite has been hired already and they are waiting to have the complete staff together. Something would have leaked already but no other site is reporting anything.

Advertisement
It doesn't make any sense that applewhite has been hired already and they are waiting to have the complete staff together. Something would have leaked already but no other site is reporting anything.

Uh, why are we even talking about Applewhite if it had not been leaked?

Uh, why are we even talking about Applewhite if it had not been leaked?
All about what you believe. Let's say we go with "they're gonna announce the offensive staff at the same time" and that is the reason for the hold up. Right now we're supposed believe that a reporter from CIS and a student reporter are the only people to correctly independently confirm that Applewhite is the guy since Thursday evening. Meanwhile there has been major pushback from multiple places on this story, including from "alleged sources" at UM. No one else has been even willing to say Applewhite is close to getting the job.

When Baker was leaked. No pushback. Just accepted and eventually his hire was announced. So why the difference? Is Applewhite's hiring more volatile? If that is the case, maybe he isn't the clear guy at all for reasons that have to do with his past at Texas or maybe Manny just has him a finalist.

He is a friend of mine, him and Sonny Black good friends.
FloweryMemorableBagworm-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
All about what you believe. Let's say we go with "they're gonna announce the offensive staff at the same time" and that is the reason for the hold up. Right now we're supposed believe that a reporter from CIS and a student reporter are the only people to correctly independently confirm that Applewhite is the guy since Thursday evening. Meanwhile there has been major pushback from multiple places on this story, including from "alleged sources" at UM. No one else has been even willing to say Applewhite is close to getting the job.

When Baker was leaked. No pushback. Just accepted and eventually his hire was announced. So why the difference? Is Applewhite's hiring more volatile? If that is the case, maybe he isn't the clear guy at all for reasons that have to do with his past at Texas or maybe Manny just has him a finalist.

I really have no idea why the announcement has taken this long. But in response to your question about leaks, it is self evident that Applewhite's hiring was leaked by "multiple sources" according to Stefan. Stefan has been mum the whole time and has not retracted it. I suspect he was given a gag order not to address this any more for whatever reason. The other source (Josh White) tweeted just recently the announcement would come either today or tomorrow so we are still well within that time frame.

Advertisement
I really have no idea why the announcement has taken this long. But in response to your question about leaks, it is self evident that Applewhite's hiring was leaked by "multiple sources" according to Stefan. Stefan has been mum the whole time and has not retracted it. I suspect he was given a gag order not to address this any more for whatever reason. The other source (Josh White) tweeted just recently the announcement would come either today or tomorrow so we are still well within that time frame.
Josh White only sites Canes Insight, so what's different?

Advertisement
Something doesn't feel right about this hiring process. Stefan broke the story about Applewhite being our next OC last Thursday. Tomorrow is Day 7, when the **** does it ever take a team 7 days to announce an OC hire? Don't tell me it's to make sure the RB coach is onboard so the announcement includes him, too. That's ridiculous and the longer this drags on, the more I'm starting to think things are still up in the air.

Manny got me over here waiting for the OC announcement like:

Advertisement
Back