It's Monday

Advertisement
I think the "projections" chart is interesting. I would put our chance of beating App State at higher then 57%

Advertisement
I think the "projections" chart is interesting. I would put our chance of beating App State at higher then 57%

Dem boys tough at home, one of the best running backs in the nation, this is their super bowl, kinda like the year they knocked of Michigan...

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind scheduling an away game with Appalachian St? Those maluks should be coming down here.

Advertisement
Can someone please explain to me the logic behind scheduling an away game with Appalachian St? Those maluks should be coming down here.

Scheduling is done years in advance. So, when one of your opponents backs out late and almost everyone's schedule was set , you're left scrambling to fill the spot.

The logic was simply to get a 12th game scheduled when the options were very limited.

Agreed. If we can't do much better than 7 with THIS schedule, why did we fire Golden? If we can't do much better, I mean 9 minimum, Richt should give back half his paycheck. There is no excuse to lose 5 games with this schedule. None at all. You have players that are hungry, not moping around because their buddy got fired. This team is going to work hard for Richt, so if we can't get more than 7 wins... wow, something is wrong. Yeah, I know we have some depth issues, but so does everyone we play. No excuse to win 7 games this year and struggling to make a bowl. None. We've taken FSU to the limit the last two years with Al freaking Golden, so I know full well we are talented enough to beat them with better coaching. 7 wins? That's a bad joke. I expect to see a better team this year than the last 12.
A projection of 7 wins is mind-boggling to me.

We have a legit shot at an 11 win regular season. For all of those questioning the App. St game, I agree. However if they are as good as everyone says it may go a long way in rankings for us at the end of the year if and when we whoop them. We need to beat them by 35 points. I think we will.

Advertisement
A projection of 7 wins is mind-boggling to me.

Im expecting 7 to 8 i cant see 10 with this roster and that OL and rb core

I just don't understand that assesment. I'm definitely taking the over. Realize our offense hasn't been the issue even under golden. Now we have a legit mind calling plays for one of the best quarterbacks in the country & at the very least more than adequate skill position players. We did what we did beforehand with a defense that was designed to give up points basically... is the assumption than that our defense will now be worse or is it the offense? Simple logic tells me atleast 9 wins

At least we can finally put to rest the myth that Larry Scott was some sort of underrated coaching genius:
Interim coach Larry Scott took over, and Miami was basically the exact same team as it was pre-Clemson.

Miami before Clemson:
Record: 4-2 | Average percentile performance: 69% (~top 40) | Yards per play: UM 6.4, Opp 5.9
Miami after Clemson:
Record: 4-2 | Average percentile performance: 64% (~top 45) | Yards per play: UM 6.0, Opp 5.6

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back