It's Like the Florida Series isnt Even Happening...

We have a 5-person nucleus that is faltering. Romy was a huge recruit that has yet to step up and the rest of the players, barring Gali, were highly regarded. Not sure why the play Gali considering that he batted ~.219 against worse competition the past two years. Mediavilla is faltering, but the other 2 starters picthed great against UF.

At UM, you ask the typical player to finance $23,594.20 per year, whereas, UF players only incur out-of-pocket costs of $6,789.38. This does not include food and board, which exacerbates the cost. The announcers mentioned that 2 Gator starters were from Miami. If you look up their recruitment, they grew up Hurricane fans, but finances won out in the end.

Is that why the Gators are 4x National Champions? Oh wait , thats us. Never mind.

Advertisement
We have a 5-person nucleus that is faltering. Romy was a huge recruit that has yet to step up and the rest of the players, barring Gali, were highly regarded. Not sure why the play Gali considering that he batted ~.219 against worse competition the past two years. Mediavilla is faltering, but the other 2 starters picthed great against UF.

At UM, you ask the typical player to finance $23,594.20 per year, whereas, UF players only incur out-of-pocket costs of $6,789.38. This does not include food and board, which exacerbates the cost. The announcers mentioned that 2 Gator starters were from Miami. If you look up their recruitment, they grew up Hurricane fans, but finances won out in the end.

LMAO. Here we go.

What is the cost to go to William and Mary? They have a better offense than we do.

It's not about us vs. Florida. It's about us not being lazy and relying on Perfect Game rankings to find players. If tuition is such a burden, how about if our coaches outwork the other guy.

We lost the first two games by 3 runs to the second best team in the country.

We have 5 players that batted over .300 last year. We have, arguably, the best high school catcher (the ones who were better are in the minors). Davison looks solid and Tacket batted over 0.400 in a top junior college league. We appear to have 2 solid to very good starters.

I lean towards optimism. We will know the composition of the team after the North Carolina series. We can fine tune the team until GeorgiaTech and then decide on starters.

I will reserve judgment until they play GTech, NCState and UNC…..

Advertisement
0.173 is obviously an outlier. This will improve markedly. UF and FSU domiante every year and then fail to make it to Omaha. The team that UF fielded last year was among the best I have ever seen.

Losing the third game to Rutger's was worrisome. UNC pounded Rutgers.....

One cannot make a conclusion until the completion of the 3rd ACC series. Last year we had the majority saying "0% chance that we make Omaha" and we made it (then we hear that "it was due to luck").

I am departing until March 15th. Objectively, I think that we beat GTech and win a close one against NCState. Am hoping to take one from UNC, but they look strong this year. UVA and FSU are also better than us as well, but FSU falters late every year.

0.173 is obviously an outlier. This will improve markedly. UF and FSU domiante every year and then fail to make it to Omaha. The team that UF fielded last year was among the best I have ever seen.

Losing the third game to Rutger's was worrisome. UNC pounded Rutgers.....

One cannot make a conclusion until the completion of the 3rd ACC series. Last year we had the majority saying "0% chance that we make Omaha" and we made it (then we hear that "it was due to luck").

I am departing until March 15th. Objectively, I think that we beat GTech and win a close one against NCState. Am hoping to take one from UNC, but they look strong this year. UVA and FSU are also better than us as well, but FSU falters late every year.

UF has gone to Omaha in 5 of the last 7 years. They are a dominant program.

I was at the game. Faedo is as advertised. He is nasty. This UF starting rotation may be top 5 ever. It is nasty. Lepore and Maury also looked really good. I wish Michelangeli would have handled that ball in which they scored. If he fields that, it's a DP and no run scored. I honestly don't know how you can be that mad about that game. We just went 1-0 against a top 3 pitcher in nation, against a top 3 team in nation, at their place. Before the season we talked about how it would take a little time to get this team going. We lost a ton of talent. The offense is going to have to manufacture runs. That's just the way this team is going to be. You don't lose Collins, Abreu, Heyward, and Lopez, and then the 2nd week of the season rip a top 5 pitcher. Now the one thing that has ****ed me off is that with this team needing to be more of a speed team, why doesn't James davison play? I assume we are waiting for Ruiz to get healthy enough to play SS? Gali is an automatic out. We need the spark of Davison. I would love to get out of Gainesville with a win but don't think it happens. Our ACC schedule starts out brutal too with GT, NC state, and UNC all early. It's a long season. Try and enjoy it a little.

Exactly. This is supposed to be fun. Remember the grind of competing for national titles? Glad all of that is gone. Just cheer for our Canes.

This year we should be able to just cheer, no? I mean we aren't that solid right now. This team isn't as good as last year's team either. Have a hard time even seeing a Super this year. I hope I am wrong!

Don't speak about a struggling program, they have been to Omaha the last two years.

This was for fans like you:

The gifts of Boston College and Virginia Commonwealth placated the common fan and hid the fact that the program has been in shambles since the 2008 team that blew the CWS.

I agree with your overall sentiment of wanting change in the program that will allow us to be legit contenders, not just make it to the Supers/Omaha.

But if we get FAU, FAMU, and College of Charleston in our Regional every year I would take it. And if that paired us up with Notre Dame, BC, or some other weak team in the Supers, sign my *** up! I don't care about the mask this year because I don't think we are a Super team, so getting to the Supers this year may be a win.

After the season lets deal with getting a new head coach!

Advertisement
Don't speak about a struggling program, they have been to Omaha the last two years.

This was for fans like you:

The gifts of Boston College and Virginia Commonwealth placated the common fan and hid the fact that the program has been in shambles since the 2008 team that blew the CWS.

I agree with your overall sentiment of wanting change in the program that will allow us to be legit contenders, not just make it to the Supers/Omaha.

But if we get FAU, FAMU, and College of Charleston in our Regional every year I would take it. And if that paired us up with Notre Dame, BC, or some other weak team in the Supers, sign my *** up! I don't care about the mask this year because I don't think we are a Super team, so getting to the Supers this year may be a win.

After the season lets deal with getting a new head coach!

We have Morris through next season and then Gino for life after that. There is no mystery.

Im really looking forward to the next 8 or so game leading up to the Ga tech series. with the subtraction of so many good ball player the last 2 years you have to question if the team has any leadership. being able to put away inferior competition is a direct indicator of that. I think we will know what our ball club has in that area by ga tech.

Dartmouth's cost of attendance is $65,000 per year.

This UF starting rotation may be top 5 ever.

We just went 1-0 against a top 3 pitcher in nation, against a top 3 team in nation, at their place.

The team that has one of the best rotations in the history of organized baseball is 14-8 with an RPI of #40 . That sweep when we scored two runs in 27 innings was 90% us being bad and 10% them being good.

But some of us said so at the time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back