its 7:12 pm and no staff changes

They are at Golden's house in his backyard laughing it up over Mike's Hard Lemonades and BBQ. Mark D is the man of the hour, yet remaining humble about his Top 15 defense.

I'm thinkin Zima instead of Mike's Hard

Advertisement
Al's in a difficult spot. No quality assistant will want to come work for a lame duck coach. That makes firing the current guys a tough proposition.

Actually I think if Al goes the same route he went with men like Ice Harris and Kevin Beard, he could find someone local who would be looking to make a name for themselves by working for the U. It may have to be a local HS coach but I think everyone here would actually love that.

no?

Would you make any changes if you made $2,000,000 a year, had an under 500 record and the AD told you that you made progress?

Honestly speaking and putting my utter disgust for Golden aside for just one second...

This is the perfect time to promote Ice. He's got no experience calling plays at this level but next year is a lost cause anyways if Golden isn't fired. This also gives you an excuse to get rid of Coley (absolutely horrible play caller) and let Ice bring fresh ideas in.

I know I know...Coley kills it in recruiting. Well my gut says a local guy with tons of pull and legendary status like Ice would at worst be a wash, from a local standpoint, in that regard when compared to Coley.

One thing is for sure...there's no way he can be worse at calling plays than Coley is....see what you got with him and you never know the next coach might retain him and help ease the eventual transition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back