It seems obvious to me

sigmar

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
That the upper class men haven't totally bought into the Golden way of doing things and hence the unusual number leaving. Unfortunately, I don't think they will find it any easier at their next stop although I wish them well and hope their dreams come true.
As an aside, this recruiting class will be Golden's foundation and it was the sacred cow in keeping Golden, "you can take the bowl game but don't cut my scholies this year so that I can get my foundation in" (obviously not his quote but my presumption)

Advertisement
These guys look back at their time at UM and see part-time starters who they played with (Shields, DVD, Graham, Sharpton, etc) making plays in the NFL and making money. They believe its their turn.

i think its case by case

streeter - bad advice, sees his boys leaving, their agent in his ear
forston - "you can stay around and get your degree but you won't play next year" well f that coach im goin to the league
Miller - if he does leave he should, he has nothing left to gain and a lot to lose (opposite of streeter)
Ray Ray - see forston but add in "you JUST DONT GET IT son, you didnt learn the first time"

Agree with sigmar in the OP.

With Forston there has to be more there than meets the eye. My suspicion has been that its probable some members the MNW crew did not totally buy in to Golden. Thus the exodus.

I can kind of see Streeter going. Kind of. But he only had one good year, though everyone agree he has the measurables.

But it doesn't make sense to me that Forston goes into the draft *unless* he really is not 100% with Golden's program. If Forston really loved it at UM under the Golden rule, and if a good senior season would help his draft stock, then why would he leave? Sometimes these decisions are emotional, not necessarily logical.

The MNW crew seems to be pretty tight, and it seems they all had a little talk and the ones who could bolt are doing so. Groupthink.

I hate to see the loss of any Cane underclassman due to the impact to the already thin depth chard. But either way, I wish the all well.

well, most of these guys did get in trouble for getting paid, so assuming they aren't any more maybe this is their best opportunity to make some money.

in all seriousness i highly doubt this has anything to do with Golden.

Advertisement
This has absolutely nothing to do with Golden. I feel like I'm on the grassy football board.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Golden. I feel like I'm on the grassy football board.

How so, if the players weren't fully committed to the new regime wouldn't it make sense for them to leave early?

I feel like Streeter bought in and it showed on the field this season as he was more physical than in years past, but a player like Forston coming off a torn knee ligament and a poor start to the season is baffling to me. I don't see him being drafted, wish the kid uck, hope he can catch on somwhere, just don't see it happening.

How so, if the players weren't fully committed to the new regime wouldn't it make sense for them to leave early?

I feel like Streeter bought in and it showed on the field this season as he was more physical than in years past, but a player like Forston coming off a torn knee ligament and a poor start to the season is baffling to me. I don't see him being drafted, wish the kid uck, hope he can catch on somwhere, just don't see it happening.

I can give you a million reasons why it has nothing to do with golden.

Advertisement
That's partially true. I think all things considered the staff would like to see these kids come back and work to make the team better. But AG and staff realize this is a massive overhaul job and it's not a coincidence that some of these guys leaving early have proven to be kind of soft and/or never come close to reaching their potential.

Thing is, our fan base won't realize this and the worst is probably yet to come and we'll probably see stupid banners in 2013 flying over Sun Life stadium like w Butch in '97.

I can give you a million reasons why it has nothing to do with golden.

Go ahead.

How many kids are leaving?

So far its only 2... I dont understand the notion that the MNW guys didnt buy in... They were our best players... Fortson has been injury prone he had a good 2010( I believe 3 sacks and like 12 tackles for loss) campaign and may want to get whatever he can beofre he cant play again... And Streeter may think that his production may not get any better... I really dont think this team will a lot... Lets stop reaching... Some of you are making it seemed as if the MNW class has some grudge... They have more class than that... So far our only early departures are Streeter and Fortson...

Advertisement
Forston, at 22 years old, has the physical stature of a 19 year old.

NFL offensive lineman will be able to block him with one arm.

Forston, at 22 years old, has the physical stature of a 19 year old.

NFL offensive lineman will be able to block him with one arm.

It's not just the physical stature with him either, he doesn't seem to get off blocks at all, if an OL get a hand on him it's over. The only chance he had was to beat the OL off the ball. That's just not going to be enough at the next level, especially coming off a knee injury.

Advertisement
That the upper class men haven't totally bought into the Golden way of doing things and hence the unusual number leaving. Unfortunately, I don't think they will find it any easier at their next stop although I wish them well and hope their dreams come true.
As an aside, this recruiting class will be Golden's foundation and it was the sacred cow in keeping Golden, "you can take the bowl game but don't cut my scholies this year so that I can get my foundation in" (obviously not his quote but my presumption)

The upper class men must have been the first ME generation. Good thing the next one wasn't.

Advertisement
Back