It is time to raise money to fly a banner

Cityboy4life82

Thunderdome
We need two banners. One should read “DB’s Please turn around and look for the Ball”

The other should say “ Coach Richt, the middle of the field is legal to use”

LOL

Advertisement

Crystal Ball

Actual fking Legend
D599EFFB-BE8E-4351-90D9-5A2FEBC4A78C-15369-00000A393B679A18.jpg

astabooty

Redshirt Freshman
Just about everyone knows a DB should turn to find the ball, but don't let what should happen to what did happen. Young (who I believe you are referring to) was shutting down (maybe) everything that came his way. So let's not knock him. Praise the dude for balling and hope he learns to find the ball so he can get those picks.

As for the middle of the field, I'm with you. Herndon was only targeted once today I believe. No other TE was thrown to. Walton had success on two passes over the middle.

Canedog

Glory to Ukraine
Premium
How bout flying a cotdam banner congratulating da team for a nice winz?

kryptonite

AARP
We need two banners. One should read “DB’s Please turn around and look for the Ball”

The other should say “ Coach Richt, the middle of the field is legal to use”

LOL

I was ready to tell you to fck yourself based on that title, but instead I'll pledge $50 to the cause. Well played.

kryptonite

AARP
Just about everyone knows a DB should turn to find the ball, but don't let what should happen to what did happen. Young (who I believe you are referring to) was shutting down (maybe) everything that came his way. So let's not knock him. Praise the dude for balling and hope he learns to find the ball so he can get those picks.

As for the middle of the field, I'm with you. Herndon was only targeted once today I believe. No other TE was thrown to. Walton had success on two passes over the middle.

Not sure I've ever seen this before, but Young was doing well not turning around.

I'll definitely put in money for the second banner.

It's just crazy to me how few shallow crosses and slants Richt has built in to his system. The few times we actually did attack the middle of the field, good things happened.

The bigger issue is...these problems were very much an issue last year as well. I just don't see Richt evolving much as a playcaller. I'm still seeing a ton of 4 verticals.

Advertisement

Cityboy4life82

Thunderdome

Not sure I've ever seen this before, but Young was doing well not turning around.
If he turns around he had about 3 chances at an Interception. I assume he has to get comfortable turning his head. Maybe he is not looking at the receivers eyes.

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
I think the major culprit was Dean.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Considering it's something they tell the kids starting in optimist leagues, i'm pretty sure he's been told 100 times to work his head back,. But for whatever reason he's not doing it - maybe it's just a comfort level or experience thing. But I have to believe that the coaches are telling him to work that into his technique. I mean that's kind of basic. But if you've ever played football, and most of you have not, it's not that easy to do when you're running full tilt with somebody, mainly because you have it in your head that you don't want to lose a step.

duke4heisman

Let's go Brandon!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Considering it's something they tell the kids starting in optimist leagues, i'm pretty sure he's been told 100 times to work his head back,. But for whatever reason he's not doing it - maybe it's just a comfort level or experience thing. But I have to believe that the coaches are telling him to work that into his technique. I mean that's kind of basic. But if you've ever played football, and most of you have not, it's not that easy to do when you're running full tilt with somebody, mainly because you have it in your head that you don't want to lose a step.
I mostly played LB/SS but also some CB. On the play he was beaten, obviously he can't but when your stride for stride, there are signs to indicate that the ball is coming. Watch their eyes, speed (speeding up or slowing down to a specific direction) and hands/arms reaching. At that point you put the back and side of your hand and arm on their hip (to feel their movement, without grabbing) then mirror them while turning to play the ball. Sounds like a lot but should be second nature with proper coaching and practice.

Dwinstitles

All-American

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ive seen this season bama dbs not turn there head, when a wr has a step they dont turn there head in fear of getting burnt or not making at least a tackle if its caught. Its part of being a Db

Advertisement

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
Young wasn't going for interceptions with this reputedly accurate QB.

He was making sure he stayed on that receiver like stink on doo-doo and keeping him from catching the ball.

And he succeeded.