It is the Culture

moneymanj

Sophomore
The culture issue is still there. I think it is time to put the chain to rest. If it were up to me I'd have these kids wearing uniforms from the 70s. Cut the gimmicky bull****, take the names off the jerseys.
It's time to send a message. Everything needs to be on the table as far as the staff goes as well as the depth chart. No one is safe.

The culture has been an issue for nearly 20 years. Manny added fuel to the fire with the chain and now he is coming up with sorry excuses for our losses. The players have the same **** mentality. And it shows every **** time we need to step our game up on primetime, we get hit in the mouth and curl up like some bytches.

It's obvious this is just as much an issue on the practice field as well as in the weight room. I mean we had Bubba Bolden, a leader, on Live this week talking about a national championship next year and how they all are going to come back. We all fell for it again, including me. Classic 2000s Miami, all bark no bite. Just watched them roll over and dive at ankles on the same run play all game. Not one player wanted to hit on defense, it was the softest tackling I've seen in a CFB game, ever.

We have nationally ranked recruiting classes every year and somehow our top recruits always seem to regress. They come in entitled and leave trying out for practice squads at the next level.

Manny is the embodiment of all bark no bite. His antics are old and his excuses are tired. It was embarrassing watching him slide all over the sidelines like a little boy because we beat a sorry UVA team 19-14. Imagine Saban or Jimmy J. doing some weak **** like that. It is clear they won't cut the head off the snake, rip the baind aid off, and clean house with this program. So sadly, this is our peak. Late season collapses and a paper tiger team. We saw it with Randy, Golden, and to a lesser extent Richt, it is the same **** with Manny. We know how this story ends.

The fact the Blake Baker is still an employee of the University of Miami tells us everything we need to know. No one in charge is serious about getting this program back to where it once was.

Advertisement
I agree with most of what you said. Any type of wholesale culture change comes with a new coaching staff. Richt was able to get more but was obviously at the end of his rope and burnt out after 2 years. Someone like Hugh Freeze would be a home run. He has a ton to prove, has proven to win on the big stage and brings a reputation that would scare folks with Miami talent.

I agree with most of what you said. Any type of wholesale culture change comes with a new coaching staff. Richt was able to get more but was obviously at the end of his rope and burnt out after 2 years. Someone like Hugh Freeze would be a home run. He has a ton to prove, has proven to win on the big stage and brings a reputation that would scare folks with Miami talent.
Add Kiffin to the list as well.
Mario would bring the culture but not sure he could get it done with X and O’s. Maybe he would garner more respect and be able to pull better coaches though.

Mario would bring the culture but not sure he could get it done with X and O’s. Maybe he would garner more respect and be able to pull better coaches though.
Ehh, not sold on Mario just yet. Kiffin would be meh too. Not bad suggestions as they'd both be much better than Diaz. Agreed they are both more respected and would put a better staff together.

40% of the kids were on instagram an hour later posting highlights and stupid ******* rap lyrics after the worst defensive performance in the history of a program. the basketball team can't beat florida gulf coast.

The entire athletic dept should just be nuked

Advertisement
We got our teeth kicked in without even putting up a fight and this comepinga is tweeting this **** out today. The BOT needs to fire everyone.

5D520AB2-24F4-40A8-92C5-9CE62B99F68D.jpeg

These posts are always great. 8-1 and pulled out several close, gutty wins. Culture is great! Get smoked, we need to burn everyone alive and cancel the program. Culture sucks!!

The "culture" is plenty fine. What's not are too many of the players and coaches.

The fact that after a game where they allowed the most yards in program history, the head coach is saying the kids need to recharge their batteries because of emotional exhaustion, instead of having them run gassers until they puke, tells you all you need to know.

Manny is a substitute teacher.

Advertisement
The fact that after a game where they allowed the most yards in program history, the head coach is saying the kids need to recharge their batteries because of emotional exhaustion, instead of having them run gassers until they puke, tells you all you need to know.

That was Jimmy Johnson's way of punishment, along with running up and down bleachers until they puked. And no, I'm not living in the past, I'm giving an example of what works, applied when deserved. One National Championship, and two (really 3) Super Bowl Rings and a plaque in Canton, Ohio speak for themselves. I bet JJ would pick up the phone if Manny called him, then all Manny would have to do is listen, and act. assuming he has the wisdom to do so....

He’s the Hispano Coker. Get rid of it before it kills the place to the point of no return.

Advertisement
We need someone with some old school approach. They need to model Saban, Schembechler, etc. The South Florida kids are soft mentally. I know many say a tough disciplinarian won't do well in today's world, but the soft, wanna be liked approach many coaches have, like Manny, is toxic for these kids.

The culture issue is still there. I think it is time to put the chain to rest. If it were up to me I'd have these kids wearing uniforms from the 70s. Cut the gimmicky bull****, take the names off the jerseys.
It's time to send a message. Everything needs to be on the table as far as the staff goes as well as the depth chart. No one is safe.

The culture has been an issue for nearly 20 years. Manny added fuel to the fire with the chain and now he is coming up with sorry excuses for our losses. The players have the same **** mentality. And it shows every **** time we need to step our game up on primetime, we get hit in the mouth and curl up like some bytches.

It's obvious this is just as much an issue on the practice field as well as in the weight room. I mean we had Bubba Bolden, a leader, on Live this week talking about a national championship next year and how they all are going to come back. We all fell for it again, including me. Classic 2000s Miami, all bark no bite. Just watched them roll over and dive at ankles on the same run play all game. Not one player wanted to hit on defense, it was the softest tackling I've seen in a CFB game, ever.

We have nationally ranked recruiting classes every year and somehow our top recruits always seem to regress. They come in entitled and leave trying out for practice squads at the next level.

Manny is the embodiment of all bark no bite. His antics are old and his excuses are tired. It was embarrassing watching him slide all over the sidelines like a little boy because we beat a sorry UVA team 19-14. Imagine Saban or Jimmy J. doing some weak **** like that. It is clear they won't cut the head off the snake, rip the baind aid off, and clean house with this program. So sadly, this is our peak. Late season collapses and a paper tiger team. We saw it with Randy, Golden, and to a lesser extent Richt, it is the same **** with Manny. We know how this story ends.

The fact the Blake Baker is still an employee of the University of Miami tells us everything we need to know. No one in charge is serious about getting this program back to where it once was.
hes-right-you-know.jpg

Advertisement
The chain and rings. His sons Baker, Banda, Patke. His scheme. All of these things are here to stay until he's out.

We got our teeth kicked in without even putting up a fight and this comepinga is tweeting this **** out today. The BOT needs to fire everyone.

View attachment 137913
It would be nice if it was the Middle Ages and we could gin up some accusations of witch craft against Blake or sodomy since he’s married to a man and then of course burn him at the stake. Just an idea!

Advertisement
Back