It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I spoke my peace with Van Dyke after the Carolina game. He may be injured but at this point, he has regressed and is a liability for the team. I don't know if this is correct, but his body language exudes this level of indifference towards the team, almost like he doesn't care. I'm not sure what is going on for sure, but I think Mario and his staff needs to examine this closely. I'll say this, the team seemed to rally and like Emory more as their QB. Not sure if TVD has fully bought into Mario's philosophy. That said, good team win outside of Van Dyke's performance. Should be 7-1.

Y'all wanted Emory to start based on some underthrown jump balls and because TVD doesn't scream or yell enough.

Bench him for poor play like today, the GT game and the UNC game but not because of some stupid bull****.
Fify 😏

Advertisement
You forgot last year? He now has a consistent pattern...Once he throws that first interception, his confidence is gone. He will proceed to throw another interception and make terrible decisions. His safety blanket his X and is going to throw to him no matter what.
Yeah but last year he had no OL and had no WRs and had no running game and a terrible OC.

Today he was blocked for well and had a good running game and wide open receivers.

The people that hate TVD go quiet when he’s balling. Then if they do post about him it’s something like his body language or nothing that involves on field stuff. Now they’re out in full force. They like to call me out but I don’t leave. I also rip him when he’s bad like I did against GT.
I was telling you and everyone this after the Temple game. If people looked they could see it was going to be an issue.

If he goes against man he is fine because teams can't match up and his first or second read will come open. People then think he is the Jesus.
If they go zone like GT, UNC (2nd half), UVA he is in trouble. His supporters are then left confused making excuses.

It is not about good game vs bad game, injuries or play calling. It is, and has always has been, man vs zone.

FSU is probably arrogant enough to play man and TVD will probably have 4 TDs.
Every other team left would be stupid to not play zone and if they do, it will look just like today.

I was telling you and everyone this after the Temple game. If people looked they could see it was going to be an issue.

If he goes against man he is fine because teams can't match up and his first or second read will come open. People then think he is the Jesus.
If they go zone like GT, UNC (2nd half), UVA he is in trouble. His supporters are then left confused making excuses.

It is not about good game vs bad game, injuries or play calling. It is, and has always has been, man vs zone.

FSU is probably arrogant enough to play man and TVD will probably have 4 TDs.
Every other team left would be stupid to not play zone and if they do, it will look just like today.
I think another issue with the off coverage and zone you have to use touch or throw guys open. That’s not a strength , he’s not consistent.

He had one turnover the first four games. The last three a **** ton. Do you see why I make the correlation that something happen to him during the bye week!
Ain't nothing happen to dude but FILM REVIEW. Football is chess.

DC know his tendencies in this offense and they're forcing him into his weak points and he can't overcome.

It's nothing more. He's just being exposed.

Advertisement
I think another issue with the off coverage and zone you have to use touch or throw guys open. That’s not a strength , he’s not consistent.
That would require him going through his reads. He can’t or doesn’t even while having all day in a pocket most college QBs dream about.

I'm not kicking him to the curb yet despite him being the #1 reason this game was far closer than it needed to be. First, I don't think he's healthy. Second, I think DCs have enough tape on him to know how to get him to see what they want him to see. I would like to see a little creativity from Dawson to counteract that. Every time I hear some one say that it's not Dawsons fault because WRs were open, I think of the hundreds of times fans said that to defend Gattis. What are we seeing this year - formations getting tighter and tighter. What did we see with Gattis? WRs creeping towards the OL so much it looked like our base was formation was a goal line offense.
I think there is some trust issues between the OC and the qb. And right now it’s justified. It was open early in the season and that GT game I think made us change.

Yeah but last year he had no OL and had no WRs and had no running game and a terrible OC.

Today he was blocked for well and had a good running game and wide open receivers.
There’s no defending today. We literally started at the 40 most drives and came away with no points on most of them. With all the physical issues he needs to just avoid the deep ball unless it’s man to man and a jump ball , back shoulder situation. He’s fine on most of the intermediate stuff. Or put another qb in if you know there’s an issue driving the ball.

Advertisement

I feel you for the most part but alot of his interceptions last year were the same as this year...The first interception against to Middle Tennessee vividly comes to mind. He didnt get benched for no reason last year.

Colbie had 1 target until 4th quarter.
When we remember to use Colbie like we did against Clemson we won the game the Offense started moving…

When we run the offense through X or George short game stuff the O struggled verticallly

Its really sad we mis use him

That would require him going through his reads. He can’t or doesn’t even while having all day in a pocket most college QBs dream about.
It’s more of taking something off the ball. You can’t drill throws into zone. Throw guys open with touch.

Advertisement
Back