It has to be Jacurri Time

Advertisement
Make him a…….

Lineman GIF by Northwestern Athletics
tenor.gif

No he wasn’t. It was planned before the year to rs. RS is now guaranteed
He could have played this season and still redshirted but didn’t when the starting QB was out with injury against Clemson.

Mario may not be considered the smartest guy but you would think he would have the best of the backups out there.

Mario is never going to make a change at QB.

He can’t. He destroyed any good will with last season.

He’s fighting for his recruiting life and program momentum right now. He can’t put in the young guys and play for next year.

And he thinks TVD, while doing nothing for the future of the program, at least gives him the best chance to finish out this year with 8 wins.
And it's all going to blow up in his face.

Advertisement
i feel like I’m taking crazy pills. JB played against FSU last year and got destroyed. And that fsu defense was worse than this years.

I say start Emory and let him take his lumps (and possibly lead a miracle upset effort).

Advertisement
1. We clearly need to make a change.

I think we have to give Jacurri a chance for the rest of the season. The argument of preserving his redshirt is now over. There are 4 games left in the season.

I think a case can be made for Emory, but I think it has to be JB.
1. He has more experience.
2. The way the offense is built, he fits it to well. His mobility with our RB room and oline give us the best chance.
3. I have concern that he will look to transfer this off-season. If he doesn’t get a chance, that’s a real possibility. That leaves going into next year with a very very questionable QB room.
B2AF6F80-250A-4DAD-BC37-F01CB6486357.gif

Advertisement
11 can not throw a football.

People need to come to grips with this
Idk where this love affair for him comes from we’ve seen him throw it’s not good. He’s like a 45% passer lol but with another year under his belt maybe he can play I’m not gonna write him off by any means but I’m just saying my eyes saw the same thing as them and my brain doesn’t see IT with him yet. I would play Emory he can get it done.
Idk if he can win it but he will play better than tyler

Play JB in packages and I would 100% take shots with JB in best pass is the deep ball and everyone and their mother thinks he’s only in to run it

Mario is never going to make a change at QB.

He can’t. He destroyed any good will with last season.

He’s fighting for his recruiting life and program momentum right now. He can’t put in the young guys and play for next year.

And he thinks TVD, while doing nothing for the future of the program, at least gives him the best chance to finish out this year with 8 wins.
Except putting in the young guys wouldn't be playing for next year. It would be playing for this year. It would be playing a QB any QB that can at least manage the game, is healthy, can make routine reads/throws and not turn the ball over 3 times in addition to countless 3 and outs. Oh and did I mention a QB who energizes his teammates because he has earned their respect and they want to play for him?

All of that adds up to Emory Williams. Sure he may have a terrible game and meltdown on the road vs our undefeated arch rival but that is life. You can't play it safe all the time.

Option A: Might throw an interception every time he drops back.

Option B: Can’t complete a forward pass.

Yeah, I’m going to go with option C, Emory. The days of “He’s just a true freshman” are over. You’re seeing more and more freshman come in ready to go now, especially if they’re talented enough.

Advertisement
Bro Jacurri is not the answer
Don't thing he is the answer either but neither is TVD or Emory, FSU had a tough time with BC's QB who is very simialr to how Jacurri play's, so why not better than TVD who has 10 picks and fumble in the last 4 games. We all need to agree TVD is scared, not mobile, and now locking on receivers bascially telegraphing is throws, therefore JB is the best choice for us right now.

I can only imagine Fuller’s excitement after finding out they’d be facing the vaunted passing attack of Brown once again. He wouldn’t have to call a pass defense all game. Just line them up in a Goal-line D the entire 4 quarters and you’re good. For those who want JB, I guess we’ll just agree to disagree. I think we start Emory, dominate the LOS on both sides, and ask Emory to simply not turn the ball over and make some timely throws when we need them. I believe he can do all those things, and do them better than TVD and JB. Also, I think the players believe in Emory…you could see it during that Clemson game.

1. We clearly need to make a change.

I think we have to give Jacurri a chance for the rest of the season. The argument of preserving his redshirt is now over. There are 4 games left in the season.

I think a case can be made for Emory, but I think it has to be JB.
1. He has more experience.
2. The way the offense is built, he fits it to well. His mobility with our RB room and oline give us the best chance.
3. I have concern that he will look to transfer this off-season. If he doesn’t get a chance, that’s a real possibility. That leaves going into next year with a very very questionable QB room.
Kid is a great Athlete trying to improve as a passer but he hasn't played in over a year so based on that alone it would make little sense to start him. Now if you want to prep him with a few plays and have a package or two for him to be used as a changeup or in a specific game situation then I'm all for that.

As a coach I would be pouring over my rooster trying to put together whatever it takes to win this game. Cristobal should be treating this game like game 7 of the World Series. Use everyone on the rooster eligible to play that can help you. That may mean that you play all 3 QBs and play each depending on the situation. It means that maybe you have JB practice a few options plays for use in the game. It means that you use all the speed you have at your disposal. It means you put in something like the NCST wide split alignment they used against us to break Conception on a long run. Then put in Emory and run totally different concepts. Put Brashard Smith at QB and run Wildcat at certain points in the game. Have JB at QB then motion Smith into the backfield to take a direct snap. It means that maybe you put in 2 extra OL instead of TEs and run with 1 RB and 2 WR.

Use your imagination! Be creative but smart. Fire every bullet in the chamber! You have nothing to lose!

Advertisement
Back