**It happens everywhere...**

337CaneNation

Sophomore
NOT just in South Florida!!

• Why didn’t Willis choose to play at LSU? “I didn’t want to be at home,” Willis said. “I wanted to get out of town. At home, there was too much drama for me, so I wanted to get out of town.”

Advertisement
Ppl always tryin to wonder why Miami miss out on some of the local studs, SOMETIMES it simply because these player's just want out of SoFla!! For some they have never had the opportunity (for whatever reason) to get out of SoFla and this is their only way, so they use that opportunity to bounce out of SoFla..

SO we can't always blame the staff for a recruit wanting out of Miami!!

Sure as **** sounds better than uif dropped the heavier bag but I do believe sometimes kids want a change of location. But let's acknowledge that a kid could both want to leave and also snag a bag at the same time.

Advertisement
This isnt good to post here. Youre giving them an excuse. All that is is an excuse.
I don't think it is an excuse at all. Some kids want to expand their horizons and see more than the 20 square block area they grew up in. Is that so difficult to believe?

A few studs? Like almost every 5 star is a few.
It's an anomaly and there are a lot of contributing factors that play part of the entire situation.

There's fault and blame to go across the board. **** ticket sales, **** seasons, lack of support from administration, and coaches all killed many a opportunity with highly ranked south Florida kids in recent years. We are turning the corner I believe but we are going to have to be able to win conference games and be playoff contenders and show continued success and even then some kids are just not coming to miami but we should be landing a lot more than we do currently.

It's not an excuse, some of these same recruit's grow up liking other schools (they don't always like the hometeam), REGARDLESS of how some might see it BUT this do happen!!
JUST because Miami is The U, it's no different then other places.. **Just like Willis and his brother Landon Collins grow up in Louisiana (in LSU's backyard), decided to go elsewhere IT happens the same way in SoFla..

PPL CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT, OUR CANES ARE NO DIFFERENT REGARDLESS IT HAPPENS..

Advertisement
I don't think it is an excuse at all. Some kids want to expand their horizons and see more than the 20 square block area they grew up in. Is that so difficult to believe?
Is going to Gainesville really a horizon expanding experience?
Want to go from backward southern city to Los Angeles? Seattle? Chicago? Sure, horizon expanding indeed. New weather, new culture, new people. Going from one SEC town to another is staying comfortable and getting paid. It is what it is, unless the local SEC school didn't recruit you.

It's an anomaly and there are a lot of contributing factors that play part of the entire situation.

There's fault and blame to go across the board. **** ticket sales, **** seasons, lack of support from administration, and coaches all killed many a opportunity with highly ranked south Florida kids in recent years. We are turning the corner I believe but we are going to have to be able to win conference games and be playoff contenders and show continued success and even then some kids are just not coming to miami but we should be landing a lot more than we do currently.
I understand and agree, but at the end of the day for some recruits none of those reasons make a difference because some recruits just want out of SoFla regardless..

NOT just in South Florida!!

• Why didn’t Willis choose to play at LSU? “I didn’t want to be at home,” Willis said. “I wanted to get out of town. At home, there was too much drama for me, so I wanted to get out of town.”

Key word here drama , sounds like family issues , maybe I'm weird but playing for a team that offers what the U does in the experience and all it's an easy decision.

But there are kids with things with family or area that pushes them in trying to break the chain of something private close to them.

GOCANES

It’s not a coincidence that’s it’s always the highest rated guys that “want to see other places”
To play devil's advocate, you could say the highest rated guys are offered the luxury to see other places. Regardless of bags, the recruitment of a 5* vs a 3* is very different.

Advertisement
I fell in love with Miami as a kid (and I'm from Louisiana), I was watching Kevin Faulk (who played for LSU), and was going thru the TV and saw a team jumping around on TV and started watching that game and watched them just go score after score and made football look so fun, and from that day on I was a Miami Hurricane fan!!
SO it happens that way, a kid can fell in love with a team for different reasons..

Willis is a well known ********* who just wanted to see what’s was the ****iest town he could live in

Advertisement
I can sympathize. I don't live in Florida anymore but I call Miami home. Lots of friends still there and would be great to be able to see them more often. However, I also have family in Miami that is 100% non stop drama. Love my family, but if I moved to Miami I would be constantly sucked into a drama vortex. I would like to move back to Florida someday but with at least a 2 hr buffer zone between me and family. Cocoa Beach or Tampa sound nice.

You guys are making an argument for a select few kids that leave home and equating it with the enormous amount of talent that has left sofla.
Excuses are running out.
2 of the best seasons we’ve had in a while and the other state schools are one big question mark.
Nothing is trending down in Miami. Not recruiting not coaching not depth not even qb.
If anything next year we will be on par with almost any school in the country including our dorms.
But most of the sofla kids all of the sudden want to leave right? It’s actually amazing that most of the kids that live in these asscrack towns even stay home and that’s the reason those bags have to come out. Another thing you fail to point out is that if these kids want to leave why don’t They just say they want to leave and aren’t interested in the U. They visit schools drag it out and many of them have stated Miami as theire favorite and even committed only to leave because of the reasons you guys point out.
Some of you are sus AF!

Last edited:
You can pick and choose but most elite kids go to LSU that are from Louisiana, some may go to bama here and there. It’s incomparable to what’s happening in south Florida in most classes

Still doesn't make sense b/c a lot of these 4* 5* kids leave Miami for Gainesville or Tallahassee only to get in more trouble.. If you're immature trouble will find you no matter where you're living at.

Advertisement
Back