It’s time to get rid of the Jewelry

Advertisement
Big time players make big time plays in big time games.

Until we see that on our team, I see no reason to bring it out anymore. And when you bring it back (turnover chain, not the rings), you bring it back for important games.

I'd say pull a Randy Shannon and rip their names off their jersey too. You don't get your names on our jersey until you've earned it. No custom jerseys either; back to basics.

Last edited:
Advertisement
100% it time to stop. Actually since most mediocre teams are doing it now it woukd be original to not do it.

Manny will unveil the Effort Nipple Rings for the bowl game to prevent another “emotional bankruptcy” situation with his team.
Dance GIF by Rooster Teeth

In 2017 and 2018 (Against FSU) you could see how the chain actually swung the momentum of the game quite a bit. Now it’s like the drunk guy at the bar who takes the joke a bit too far

Advertisement
MY OPINION - Keep the TO chain... Cancel the TD rings. Literally EVERY team have some type of prop for TOs. If the players love it, who are we as fans to tell them how to celebrate and enjoy a moment they created?

The TD rings are pointless really. No one gets excited to put them on because most likely they already celebrated in the endzone. The Chain however does bring a different type of energy. What I will say is we don't need to come out with a new version. I would just go back to the first one and leave it as that.

Advertisement
Or... To make everything simple... Just have two chains. 1 for TDs and 1 for TOs. The U and The Ibis. My point is, keep some type of prop but just don't try to do too much lol

Advertisement
Man I don't think y'all understand. It's not for the fans, it's for the players. Stop being so Old geez. This is how it is nowadays. Like I said, watch any college game. Literally all teams have celebration props. The record and how bad a team plays doesn't matter.

Man I don't think y'all understand. It's not for the fans, it's for the players. Stop being so Old geez. This is how it is nowadays. Like I said, watch any college game. Literally all teams have celebration props. The record and how bad a team plays doesn't matter.

this.

It only worked in 2017 because we were leading the country in turnovers.

The TD rings should have never become a thing and the turnover chain should have went away after we ended that season on an embarrassing 3 game losing streak.

Advertisement
Back