It’s the coaches fault

I don't disagree at all that TVD is a problem. But even in the way we run the ball this offense is different from what we saw earlier in the year. This offense has changed. Hope I am wrong and only TVD is the problem...but I just see the offense slowly regressing back to what we ran last year. Run up the middle and bunched up formations. Like I said nothing would make me happier than being wrong on that.
Andy Gustafson offense late 1940s/50swas more entertaining to watch than this cr ap. Yes I am very old

Advertisement
D918D5B3-B4AC-4B99-9AEF-D8279847F4BE.jpeg

“Team , looks like I aged you well” - Mario

Why would a QB want to come here?

Under Mario, TVD has gone from a potential first round pick to this. And no other QB we’ve played the last two seasons has looked good.
Can we please stop saying this TVD is not a potential first round pick. He can’t even hit open receivers. He’s stiff as board and has no athleticism. None of that says first round qb. None of it.

Advertisement
100%.

Anyone arguing in favor of this coaching staff is simply clueless. We have more than enough talent on this roster to be a 1 loss team at worst at this point.
Is that how you felt coming into this szn? I predicted 8-4..I don’t here this notion of “we should be a playoff contender” is coming from all of a sudden

TVD needs a sport psychiatrist man..this is 3 OC..even w Lashlee..and I know dude was young..but you saw the the up & downs..this cat is out here woefully under throwing guys and has been fooled by the same coverage 3 straight games..he’s indecisive And when he is decisive it’s the wrong read or right read, wrong throw..& no the answer isn’t go with Emory the rest of the way..but his play is hurting the team..haven’t seen any like this since Jacory
Ups and downs with Lashlee? I saw 3000 yds 25 TDs 6 INTs in 10 games and the #11 passer rating in the country as a freshman. We know what TVD can do with a good play caller.

That’s how you know he’s cooked. These are throws he’d make in his sleep two years ago. **** most qb’s at this level should hit the corner of the end zone in cover 2 with the safety hanging the cb out. He’s not playing anymore, he’s thinking. It’s time.
How do the coaches watch film and not see this ?

They have no faith in anybody in the QB room.

You see it in their decision making and in everything else they do.

It falls on Mario. Pratt wants to come home. You better give him the shot because that’s the only dude that might be capable of saving your job.
0 percent chance Pratt wants to come here and why would he ? Mario kills quarterbacks

Advertisement
Ups and downs with Lashlee? I saw 3000 yds 25 TDs 6 INTs in 10 games and the #11 passer rating in the country as a freshman. We know what TVD can do with a good play caller.
We all saw the first half’s of those game as well..basically what y’all are saying is TVD has to be spoon fed lol..he has been TERRIBLE IN CONFERENCE PLAY..even when the throws and reads are there he’s airmailing, woefully under throwing guys and forcing ****..he had not been touched this year so that excuse is out the question..his play his last 4 games is on him

We know Guidry is a coach. Threw a real curve ball to Clemson that won us that game. Dawson needs to throw his curve ball vs FSU. Wing T with BS as QB, Fletcher, Parrish, Chaney… let’s GO? Ha

Well it’s a hair early to start firing again, pretty soon Miami will be paying or have paid just about every college coach.

How about Bat signal Lane Kiffin we buy his contract out then sign him to 5 year deal guaranteed fire him and his whole staff .

This awesome soon we’ll have to access Miamis endowment to pay all these coaches every (2) years.

Coaching at Miami is the greatest get rich scheme next to the lottery.

Your contract is bought out, sign a huge (5) year deal here get fired in (2) get paid by Miami as you coach at another school.

How can anybody beat the deal at Miami HOW??

GOCANES

Advertisement
It is definitely different from earlier in the year..and I think a lot of that is on TVDs play..It’s his TO prone play that’s taken points off the board and made Dawson call it different..he’s a 4th year guy vet..he needs to play better..he’s probably another slow start from Being benched
Exactly. People act like Dawson is blind or something. When you can't trust a 4th year junior to do ANYTHING in regards to making reads, managing the game or even just mitigating turnovers, it handcuffs you as an OC. It's even worse when said QB isn't even athletic enough to cover those mistakes by making plays on his own. Jacurri or Emory may not be ready, but there's no way that they are this bad. No way. TVD isn't even TRYING to read defenses, he's just guessing and that's a death sentence for an offense. If your QB is spraying and praying, you don't stand a chance.

We know Guidry is a coach. Threw a real curve ball to Clemson that won us that game. Dawson needs to throw his curve ball vs FSU. Wing T with BS as QB, Fletcher, Parrish, Chaney… let’s GO? Ha
Old school option. Emory has some wiggle and a better passing threat so It can work with him too.

Exactly. People act like Dawson is blind or something. When you can't trust a 4th year junior to do ANYTHING in regards to making reads, managing the game or even just mitigating turnovers, it handcuffs you as an OC. It's even worse when said QB isn't even athletic enough to cover those mistakes by making plays on his own. Jacurri or Emory may not be ready, but there's no way that they are this bad. No way. TVD isn't even TRYING to read defenses, he's just guessing and that's a death sentence for an offense. If your QB is spraying and praying, you don't stand a chance.
It can be both, but as usual, yall need to treat it as binary. TVD stinks. Dawson is doing no favors with continuing to play 84 and keeping everything bunched.

Advertisement
Well it’s a hair early to start firing again, pretty soon Miami will be paying or have paid just about every college coach.

How about Bat signal Lane Kiffin we buy his contract out then sign him to 5 year deal guaranteed fire him and his whole staff .

This awesome soon we’ll have to access Miamis endowment to pay all these coaches every (2) years.

Coaching at Miami is the greatest get rich scheme next to the lottery.

Your contract is bought out, sign a huge (5) year deal here get fired in (2) get paid by Miami as you coach at another school.

How can anybody beat the deal at Miami HOW??

GOCANES

I hope you are joking, if not, do something about your obvious crack addiction. The University endowment isn't a slush fund to hire coaches with.

It's amazing how our fans whine about Mario, and then want to bring in someone that isn't even a significant upgrade. The only thing I could count on with Lane is that the offense would be better. Outside of that, it would be the same thing, just in reverse. Defense doesn't stop anyone, Lane rarely beats teams with a pulse and recruits like crap. 7-6/8-5 isn't moving the needle regardless of coach. If Miami has to move on from Mario(Which isn't happening for another 3-5 years, barring some kind of drastic collapse), the usual names that pop up aren't the answer. For Miami to get back to national relevance, if it isn't Mario, it has to be a coach that honestly, is a hire that our football illiterate fanbase hates, that most of them have never heard of. If Miami would have hired Elko 2 years ago, this fanbase would have revolted. If the University would have hired Jedd Fisch instead of Manny, people would have hung him in effigy the day the contract was signed. Those coaching hires look to be solid hires, mostly because they are coaches with a clear understanding of what works. Elko and Fisch aren't savants, they aren't flashy, they are solid coaches that don't beat themselves, and their teams mirror that. I still have connects in Tucson from my time covering UA football, and I told them when Jedd was hired that if they gave him time, he would improve the program. Let's say that I've been getting a good amount of calls from those UA people saying "You weren't kidding, Fisch is legit, hope we can keep him".

Mario has done a lot of good in his first two years, you can see the growth on defense, in the trenches and on the recruiting trail. The question is whether he has the courage to do what needs to be done in regards to TVD, and will he go out and get a DYNAMIC QB this offseason. Honestly, this team is a decent QB away from being 7-1 or better, with a fair number of blowouts. You look at how well this team has played outside of QB, and it's living proof that if you don't have a QB, you don't have a chance. TVD is singlehandedly killing the program, it's time to pull the plug, and if Mario doesn't do it, then he's the fraud that many in our fanbase believes he is.

Dawson's curveball was to take Restrepo snd have him block like a TE

I don't disagree at all that TVD is a problem. But even in the way we run the ball this offense is different from what we saw earlier in the year. This offense has changed. Hope I am wrong and only TVD is the problem...but I just see the offense slowly regressing back to what we ran last year. Run up the middle and bunched up formations. Like I said nothing would make me happier than being wrong on that.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Our fans need to get off this "It has to be creative" crap, when it's beyond obvious that what is working is working. Fletch last night was running roughshod, dude was averaging well over 5 per carry. What's hurting the offense isn't a lack of pulling guards on run plays, the formations, or even the phonebooth football concepts, it's TVD. Period. Miami is playing 10 v 11 football right now, because the starting QB is AT BEST a 0, and usually a negative influence on the offense. He turns the ball over, his ball placement is terrible and unlike some other turnover prone QBs that have come through CG(Jacory Harris), TVD doesn't inspire the team, he's a sullen lump on the sidelines. There isn't a playcaller on earth that could scheme an offense that covers up all of TVD's shortcomings. He's just bad right now, and I think he's a streaky player that belongs on the bench, that's his ceiling. He's a backup that can come in and get hot. You can't build a program around him, because he isn't nor will he ever be consistent.

Whenever he comes out on the field, I'm depressed because I know that the hard work of 10 guys is likely to be undone by one player that doesn't want to be there, that is begging to be benched. Mario has to make the move, even if it means throwing Emory to the wolves. Give the fanbase some hope, maybe he steals one, maybe he shows that he has potential. Maybe he gets destroyed, but at least show the fanbase, the community and your players that no one is above accountability.

Advertisement
Back