It’s over

As everyone expected, the SEC will be the last holdout. **** shame. If I'm the SEC, I stick to my guns and play a conference season. The ACC is full of pussies, so I can see them folding. If the SEC, ACC and Big 12 hang in there, then they could still play and have a championship.
If the ACC calls the season and UM wants to play, maybe we can leave this **** conference for a season, then never come back. I hate the ACC, maybe even more than the SEC.

Advertisement
What? This is dumb on so many levels regardless of one’s political view. I actually enjoy when people are this stupid. So I can ignore them to avoid wasting time when they attempt to discuss Hurricanes FB.

So you don't think his inaction in January and February deserves any sort of blame here?

The government had warnings going back to November of last year my guy. He chose not to act on it, you can dance around that all you like, those are the facts!!

we need the money lol unless the sec somehow invited us lol
Yeah, I wasn't suggesting leaving into a void.

The Washington Generals needed money as well, and that's why they always lost to the Globe Trotters.

As everyone expected, the SEC will be the last holdout. **** shame. If I'm the SEC, I stick to my guns and play a conference season. The ACC is full of pussies, so I can see them folding. If the SEC, ACC and Big 12 hang in there, then they could still play and have a championship.
This is the best possible scenario

Advertisement

This is where the ACC's love of basketball may actually help football. Already lost March Madness in 2020. I can't imagine they want football in Spring 2021 competing with basketball, so a postponement til Spring wouldn't be optimal. And the impact of all the lost revenue from an all-out cancellation of the football season would be severe on these schools.

Doing a risk assessment over potential liability is important, but if you lose so much revenue that athletic departments start contracting, the long term damage might exceed the liability risks.

so funny thing is only ACC is playing oOC games (B12 too i think). sec can do their own thing if they want to since they dont have an OOC opponent
I'd like to see the OOC schools on ACC schedules play those games.

So you don't think his inaction in January and February deserves any sort of blame here?

The government had warnings going back to November of last year my guy. He chose not to act on it, you can dance around that all you like, those are the facts!!

March: "TRUMP CAN'T TELL THE GOVERNORS WHAT TO DO!!"

August: "TRUMP SHOULDA TOLD THE GOVERNORS WHAT TO DO!!"

So predictable.

Advertisement

You’re sorely mistaken if you truly believe the president is at fault for covid stopping CFB.
Now, do I agree our country sucks preparing for a pandemic? Yes. It’s sad that a pandemic has to be political. We can’t get anything done anymore. That needs to change.
The issue is football requires so many more people and closer contact than any other sport. We are the only country that would even consider a CFB season.

March: "TRUMP CAN'T TELL THE GOVERNORS WHAT TO DO!!"

August: "TRUMP SHOULDA TOLD THE GOVERNORS WHAT TO DO!!"

So predictable.
How is having a plan telling governor's what to do??

There was a lack of uniformity with the states and that is because the federal government did not have a plan. Had the federal government went to the states with a detailed plan for testing, contact tracing, and CDC recommended quarantine guidelines, we would be in a much better position today.

He basically said Everyman for themselves, and that is why we are in the **** show now.

I don't blame him for the virus, but best believe this ****** response is his fault

There was no smoke of cancellation until the Pac-12 & B1G had several hundred players last week starting to organize & make demands, the school presidents & conference commissioners saw that & the lawyers started loosening their ties...
Had a quick question for you on DM but couldn't send it.

Advertisement
I hope the acc joins with the SEC and we get scheduled to play UF 12 times. Those vaginas won't be able to duck us any more.

Right on Hurricane dude! Bloody right on!!!! If only the WORST POTUS in US American history would have taken this disease situation SERIOUSLY way back when, who knows what the disease situation would be now. huh? In other words, the WORST POTUS in USA history should have implemented dire strait matters in MID-February!!!!

The bottom line: It didn't have to be this way. Yeah, yeah, yeah. The vast majority of Hurricane fans SUPPORT the current President. So what!

Advertisement
How is having a plan telling governor's what to do??

There was a lack of uniformity with the states and that is because the federal government did not have a plan. Had the federal government went to the states with a detailed plan for testing, contact tracing, and CDC recommended quarantine guidelines, we would be in a much better position today.

He basically said Everyman for themselves, and that is why we are in the **** show now.

I don't blame him for the virus, but best believe this ****** response is his fault

The WORST POTUS in US American history have had a NATIONAL plan back in February sometime. huh? But that's neither here or there now. duh.
This is where the ACC's love of basketball may actually help football. Already lost March Madness in 2020. I can't imagine they want football in Spring 2021 competing with basketball, so a postponement til Spring wouldn't be optimal. And the impact of all the lost revenue from an all-out cancellation of the football season would be severe on these schools.

Doing a risk assessment over potential liability is important, but if you lose so much revenue that athletic departments start contracting, the long term damage might exceed the liability risks.

Don't worry about the lost revenue and all that. Your POTUS will bail out the major CFB programs with some type of stimulus package. In other words, it will be type of WELFARE package to aid all these major CFB programs. LOL

Many ***** moons ago, I suggested there wouldn't be major CFB in the year of the PLANNED-pandemic.. But Cane good ol' boys MOCKED moi. LOL huh? Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Trump Red states are going to have a CFB season in the year of the planned-pandemic. duh. Well, maybe not. LMFAO

My opinion based on all the info is conferences would rather cancel the season “because” of the virus, rather Than wait to be engaged by organized college athletes
a. L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y
b. protecting amateurism
c. im all in on the CFB players union, but that would essentially start the end of the current system of CFB. if the virus doesnt cancel the season, any thought of unionizing players will certainly cancel it. i surely hope they get the union though!
stop saying it’s about liability like it’s a fact. schools arent going to be legally liable when no one knows everything about Covid, aka they aren’t withholding any info, and schools are still honoring scholarships if guys opt out. They don’t have to play, and there are no negative consequences to them. Plus you can get Covid talking to your mom, its nOt the schools fault if you get it when you can opt out and they are testing regularly and isolating Players. That’s better care than you’d get anywhere else

The WORST POTUS in US American history have had a NATIONAL plan back in February sometime. huh? But that's neither here or there now. duh.

Don't worry about the lost revenue and all that. Your POTUS will bail out the major CFB programs with some type of stimulus package. In other words, it will be type of WELFARE package to aid all these major CFB programs. LOL
Jimmy Carter says hello...

Advertisement
Back